cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Situation:

There is a file to rfc scenario in Xi developed.

The scenario works fine if only one file is taken(and available) from the ftp server (by file adapter xi) and mapped to a rfc adapter and processed in CRM.

Now 2 files (are available at the same time) are taken (in a couple seconds) from the ftp server by the file adapter and the 2 files are processed by rfc in CRM . But the first process is not finished while a new process start with the second message. This causes an functional error in CRM.

Question:

Are there easy changes possible (in XI) to process multiple files in order(finished process before another process starts) in CRM.

Note:

RFC is asynchronous

Regards, Edwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Put your Sender File Adapter in EOIO mode , means give Quality of service as EOIO and specify any Queue ID that is most logical.

It will take care that though there are many files at FTP but they will be processed in CRM one after the other only.

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Anurag,

this is exactly what i was looking for.

As you describe, that messages are processed after another, you mean that the second message processing only starts after the first message processing in CRM is ended?

Do i need to transport changes like this via Transport mechanism from Development->Qualilty->Production?

Do I need to configure the Queue with a transaction? or active something? in Xi or/and CRM?

Regards, Edwin

Edited by: Edwin Theuns on Jul 29, 2009 1:26 PM

Edited by: Edwin Theuns on Jul 29, 2009 1:42 PM