cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS - version comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the major featurewise difference between SAP ver 4.6 and SAP ECC 5 for DMS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

with the upgrade to ERP 2005 Document Browser and ACL Authorization come as new features in the standard of the Document Management System. You can find a documentation about these new features in the SAP Help Portal (help.sap.com):

> SAP ERP Central Component > Cross-Application Components > Document Management > Document Management > Document Browser

> SAP ERP Central Component > Cross-Application Components > Document Management > Document Management > Authorization Objects for Documents > Access Management Using Access Control Lists

These are the main new DMS functions in ERP 2005 release. Furhter the document search logic in transaction CV04N was re-designed.

But in release ERP2005, due to a lot of customer demands, we changed the search logic and try to do every sub-search in a own function. So now if you start the search first module CV100_DOCUMENT_SEARCH is triggered and the system checks which selection criteria are entered. Based on this information the system decides what search is done next.

Therefore also a new BADI_DOCUMENT_SEARCH01 was created which is able to influence the search sequence. So you would be able to change the search logic and determine that the classification search is done first. This will enable you to adopt the search logic to your special needs and improve the performance of CV04N. For further informations on this BADI implementation please see the SAPnotes 976846 and 993462.

Furhter please check also the release notes for ERP2005 which contain additional information on the main changes in release ERP 2005.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

specifically would like to know whether SAP4.6 has class cl_gui_custom_container and superclass cl_gui_container

thanks

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I've just checked the existence of the mentioned classes in release 46C and I can tell you that they exist both. I've checked this in release 46C and also in ERP2005

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The following BADIs are implemented in ECC05, just we can configuer and use them

Description, Business Add-In

Document exits and Menu enhancements for PAI in CV01N, CV02N, CV03N :- DOCUMENT_MAN02

Enhanced number checks:- DOCUMENT_NUMBER01

Filter for DMS processes:- DOCUMENT_PROC01

Enhancements for the DMS@Web scenarios:- DOCUMENT_WEB01

Enhancements for Microsoft Office integ r ation:- DOCUMENT_OFFINTEGR01

SAP 4.6,

This purely depends on ABAP stack. this won't support Java stack this is what i would identified as major difference.

Tc- CV01, cv02, cv03,cv04, creat change, displa, find.

Benakaraj

??P