cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS agent for High availabity Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install CCMS agent for monitoring and CCMS ping for availability monitoring

I have done it properly at normal ABAP JAVA systems

For High availabity systems I am confuse what to do

As there are two nodes A and B

We are running with MS windows

Can any one tell me about this configuration and installation

Regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

For HA System, here is what you need to do.

Install SAPCCM4X agent on both node. Keep agent on same installation drive.

In services > change SAPCCM4X service from Auto to Manual.

Go to Cluster > create a service node and define path of executable of sapccm4x.exe.

make sure when node switch over the service in cluster administrator starts the SAPCCM4X service.

It works fine. Test in Test environment.

Thanks,

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install the CCMS agent(SAPCCM4X) on both nodes but getting error:

ERROR: managed system is not yet known in system CEN.

First, logon to CEN and add managed system with

transaction RZ21 -> Technical Infrastructure -> Create entry for remote m

onitoring

Then try again.

Even i have added the managed system successfully through:

transaction RZ21 -> Technical Infrastructure -> Create entry for remote m

onitoring

EXITING with code 1

I have installaed the CCMSPING agent and that was successfull.

and can you please have any document for the CCMS agent installation on below:

Go to Cluster > create a service node and define path of executable of sapccm4x.exe.

CCMS agent installation on HIGH availability server.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even i need ccms agent to be installed on high availability system. The confusion is after registering ccms agents on both the nodes, it by default creates two separate RFC destinations on nodeA and nodeB respectively.

So while configuring systems in RZ21, which Destination of Responsible CCMSPINGt o be given in connections data for remote systems? If NodeA RFC destination is given and if it is down in future, the system will be moved to NodeB where another RFC destination was created by ccms agent ,would throw an error here.

What is the solution for this? I thought of changing the profile parameter SAPLOCALHOST to virtual hostname of cluster but i am not able to find the profile file for ccms agent.i checked in usr/sap/prfclog/ccmsping_00 and all..

Regards,

GD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try One thing which i have done...

in RZ21---> Availability Monitoring-CCMSPING-Manage CCMSPING group--Create a group for your system (ex: SIDGRP)--Assign the first CCMS ping RFC,,,, and again for the same group assign the next 2nd RFC

Now select the system and change the "Destination of Responsible RFC" to and assign here the fropup name which you have created.

After some time chekc the RZ20 --Availablility ---you will found both RFC are reporting about system availability.

Please try and response if it works to you.

Aslo i wanted to know how you have deal with SAPCCM4x agent in both nodes.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thanks and thats good idea for high availability configuration. It works well. But as per SAP recommendation we should change the profile param SAPLOCALHOST which i'm not able to find the profile file in the system. any idea on this?

And regarding SAPCCM4X, can you tell me more about what r u trying to do? what is ur situation and y r u trying that way?

Regards,

GD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I just wanted to know how you have setup the SACCM4x agent in both nodes?

SAPCCM4x is used for monitoring purpose.

And one more concern, in st06 we are getting the drive filesystem (c,d...)related for only some drive not for all drive, i guess its not collectiong the data for cluster drive.

Do u have any idea about that? please revert.

Regards,

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check CCMSPING.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/38/9e3337d7840ffee10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

This should help you.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu