cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

folder structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frineds

my question is , i am making folder structure one the project is in ................

with the previous project, i want to copy the same folders(folder structure) within the new project...................

so, how to make a folder structure template ..........................and copy the same everytime the new project is in????????

Regards

SURYA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In SAP Easy Document Management you can copy a folder and all its subfolders and files into any folder in the file system.

You have implemented the Z_EASYDMS_FOLDER_EXPORT function module. For more information, see the Installation Guide for SAP Easy Document Management, under Function Modules in SAP Easy Document Management.

To export a folder, proceed as follows:

1. Select the folder that you want to export.

2. In the context menu for the folder, choose Export Folder.

3. In the dialog box, select a target folder and choose OK.

The system copies the folder to the selected target folder.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i think u have taken my question the wrong way .........................

one project is going on and flder structure is defined...................and files are uploaded.................into the folders...............

now one more project is in ....................i want the same folder structure with no files in it ..................................

anyway of making a folder struture such that one the new project is in, i will copy the folder structure directly .................

Regards

SURYA

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

regarding your questions I would recommend you to test the 'Copy from' button in transaction CV11. As the folder structure in DMS is a document BOM you should be able to use this button in transaction CV11 to copy the BOM structure from an existing document BOM to a new one. So I hope this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

christopher

i could not do the same

pls help me out with steps pls

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

could you please give us a bit more details about your folder structure.

- Are we talking about a document BOM which means the folder structure consists of different document info records?

- What is the problem with transaction CV11? Do you not know which document info record you have to enter?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

not the document BOM i sm talking about

once agian i put my question in a wright way

1. i am using folders structure to put my DIR's

2. i make a folder strcuture and store all the DIR's within the structure

ex: one project : folder 1, folder 2

folder 1: 10 DIR's

folder 2: 20 DIR's

now i got an other project and i want to make the folder as : folder1, folder2, which are as same as the folders for project1

how to copy my folder1, and folder2 to my 2nd project without DIR's in it ............................

how to copy only folder strcuture????????????? as project has N folders which i have to make manually................once again for project 2

Regards

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As you created a folder structure ,you must be aware that ,it is made by the combination of class and characteristics.And now u want to create a same folder structure with out those DIR (Document types)

So create class and characteristics again ,there is no copy option is available.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Surya,

in case that folder1 is also a document info record you can enter this document data in transaction CV11 and press the button "Copy from". Then the whole structure of folder1 should be copied to the new structure header.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir

its happening, but the whole struture with folders and DIR's are getting repliacted

any other process of doing it????

Regards

SURYA

Edited by: suryapampana on Jul 30, 2009 7:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir thank a lot for your valuable inputs

Answers (0)