Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Two questions/problems with the new infoSource

I am working with a new infoSource and I am seeing two things that puzzle me.

1. If I am in the "infoSource Maintain: Overview" screen where I edit the definition of the new infoSource, there are two "check" buttons. One at the top of the screen beside the activate button (shortcut shift + F2). This check does not appear to do anything - at least, there is no message given that the check was ok. There is also a check that is located lower in the screen between the "details" button and the "refresh" button.= that is "check entries". This appears to work to work. Does anyone know the difference between these two check functions?

2. In the 3.x infoSource, if you try and remove a field, it was easy to see that the field was being used, and you could also easily look at the log to view where it was used so you knew what you needed to edit e.g. remove a mapping between the infoSource and an update rule. In the new infoSource, this does not appear to be as easy. For example, I am trying to remove a field, the system lets me, I use the check function, and everything appears to be okay, but when I activate, the field keeps re-appearing. I assume that this is because it is used somewhere else but I have no idea where that might be. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

replied

Hi Kevin,

ad 1.) this is a bug

ad 2.) this is a good proposal for an additional feature

Both issues have been forwarded to development and might be implemented in one of the next Support Package Stacks, yet we cannot commit to which one.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question