cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Validation tab in Dropdown list properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created input form with 2 dropdown fields and submit button. While clicking submit button i need a message if dropdown lists are not selected. So that I have entered one condtion in validation tab in dropdown list properties. But this validation is not working while clicking submit button.

Can you please guide how to use validation in VC?

Thanks,

Venkatesh R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I got the idea.

Thanks,

Venkatesh R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using validations you will get a message beside the fields on which you have added validation. if you want a message if your dropdown is empty then you can select the "Is Blank" in the condition and in the error message you can enter any message.

Now, if you want your users to mandatorily select the values for both the dropdowns you can make them as mandatory also.

better option will be disable the submit button when the values are not selected in both the drilldowns by using a formula in the display tab of submit button.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

'Validation Tab' is use to validate the values for that UI control. In case of 'Dropdown list' it is used to show invalid values in perticular cases. Example -

1. You have dropdown list on 'Country' & it is based on fiscal year input.

then

If fiscal year is 2008 values should be X, Y & Z. If value apart from this its invalid. You can configure this with the formula in 'Validation Tab' & if user selects the value apart from theses, system will through the error message as you have set.

Please also look at the link below -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/47/7a46502823199ae10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

I hope this is what you were looking for, if you want anything else please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep