cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a 2nd level nav be independent of parent level authorizations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a top level nav(role) that has roles within it. But I would like to let all users see the top level menu, but only some to be able to see certain 2nd level nav items.

So, if I build a main role for everyone to see, but then have a role within that role for only certain people, it seems like it inherits the parent role rights. Is there a way to make this 2nd level nav/role independent of the parent authorizations?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

as I understand the ACL concept in the portal - no, you can't!

As every object in a role inherits the access rights from that role, I don't see a way to restrict access to certain roles or objects inside od that role.

Why don't you set up different roles for the different user groups and merge them under the one top level entry?

Hth,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I did set it up that way...

There's a main role that everyone's a member of. It has a welcome URL iView and then it has the other roles (A, B, C, D) that each have respective rights.

The idea is to present the top level, and then all the others in a drill down.

When you say to merge them under a top level entry, I think that's what I did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I was to unclear...

What I mean is, not to insert the roles into the one "master" role but to assign the roles master, A, B ,C, ... individually to the users and just merge the TLN entries...

Search for "merge roles" in the SAP Help to get an idea about that.

Michael

Answers (0)