cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call 1 webdynpro view in another webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 components WD_test1 and WD_test2.

In WD_test1 there is a view WD1_View_test. I want call the same view in WD_test2. WD_test2 has been declared as used components in WD_test1.

I have a view WD2_view in WD_test2 where there is link Print. When i click on print the view WD1_View_test should get displayed.

How can i achieve the above requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

strange..

which version of NWDS are you using..

for me once i declare component usage i can see a fourth option on embed view that is to "embed interface view of a component instance".

you may not be able to see the name of the view but only the name of the component

I checked you question again and it seems DC2 is declared as used component in DC1..so the steps metioned has to be done in DC1

check the follwoing article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30d56578-f7e5-2a10-5ab5-8afc55d2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is resolved. I checked in component 1 and the view exists there.

Thanks,

Rashmi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U click on Embed existing view after that you will get that particular view in the list.

Regards,

sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can call the one web dynpro iview in amotjer webdynpro component using inteface controller and interface iview.

Thanks

Bharathi.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do i need to create the view WD_view_test1 as Interface view in WD_test1 component?

How can i achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should not embed the view to view container you should embed the interfaceview to window like In the Webdynpro Explorer right click on the window of the coponent, then you see in context menu a option to embed interfaceview, choose that as you have already added the other component as used webdynpro component. this component will appear as component instances just expand that node then you see the view of the first component just select it and then create outbound and inbound plugs to ensure navigation.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

if you have already declared the component as used component then what you can do is..

open window 2 left click and slect embed view and select option Embed interface view of a component instance and select your view 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried opening the window of WD_test2 and right clicked on view container and clicked on Embed view. There are 3 options to embed the view. But i dint find that particular view in the list.

Thanks and Regards,

Rashmi