cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mates

My system shows stock of 648 nos as on today for a particular material.If i create sales order for that material today schedule lines are not created even tough stock is available.But if i go and change the date for tomorrow schedule line is created and iam able to make delivery.

Can anybody explain me on this what is the concept and what is happening in the background?

Kindly help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Even though If you have the enough stock today system takes many things into account. System does the back ward scheduling by taking the Pick/Pack time,Loading time,Transportation Lead time and the transit time into account to confirm the order.First in your order docuble click on the schedule line and then click on the shipping. Here you can see the dates on whcih material is avaialable and the Loading date etc..... As you have stock ,the material availability date may be todau. But system adds the Loadin date to it and confirms the schedule line. To get the Loading time, check how its getting determined in the Transaction "OVXD"(Shipping point definition-- give your shipping point here and check whether the Loading time is determined based on the shipping point or combination of shipping point, route). This will give you an idea. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks mate.Loading time is determined based on shipping point(checked in OVXD t.code).My query is for the same material when i create Sales order now schedule line is created for today.do I need tocheck some more settings?because o f this iam getting lots of call.Can you some more light in this regard.

Thanx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

IMG-->LOGISTICS EXCLUSION --> SHIPPING -->BASIC SHIPPING FUNCTIONS > SCHEDULING>DELIVERY SCHEDULING AND TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULING-->define scheduling for sales order types

if delivery scheduling is assigned to your sales order type,remove it and create new sales order and see whether you are getting different delivery data

revert back still if you have problem

regards

senya

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If your order has been confirmed today, check the material availability date and I think it was yester day(If the loading time is 24 hours). Kindly please note that system adds loading time to the material availability date to give the delivery date. So Please check all these and let me know If you need any more information.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would have seen the stock in MMBE under Unrestricted but if the stock is not confirming to your sale order, then most probably, a delivery is created for the same material and saved without doing PGI in which case, you will face the issue.

Check in MD04 whether you could see any delivery reference. If so, double click that and delete if necessary or do PGI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

also check whether any delivery scheduling is been maintained

IMG-->LOGISTICS EXCLUSION --> SHIPPING -->BASIC SHIPPING FUNCTIONS > SCHEDULING>DELIVERY SCHEDULING AND TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULING-->MAINTAIN DURATION

check shipping point delivery scheduling-whether loading time or picking time is maintained

check route delivery scheduling-whether transit duration is maintained

if any delivery scheduling is maitained then this will be taken into consideration when you create sales order for the particular shipping point and route and it will affect in delivery date in schedule line categories.

regards

senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check following

1check the GR processing time in material master data.

2.Also check whether u have maintained any lead time in sales document definition (VoV8) and have u checked the checkbox Propose delivery date.

regards

Mandar

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

1.check ur Lead time in days in Sales order type VOV8

2.Check ur factory calendor settings holiday list in SCAL

3.Check ue material maater in MM02 MRP3- Avail.check

Reg

JJ