cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Planning Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to plan costs for a service industry for the services rendered to the customer. There is no material involved here.

I want to capture the following costs;

1. Salary of Employee

2. Travel Expenses

3. Overhead costs

4. Administration costs

5. Miscellaneous costs

Which is the most suitable cost planning method? Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Kabir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for the reply.

1. So you mean we might use Cost element planning otherwise called as Detailed planning. May i know why not automatic network costing ? Is cost element planning better than Network costing. Just to know for my understanding.

2. In cost element planning, say we plan the cost for Overhead and administration cost with different cost elements. How can i capture the actual cost of this in my project ?

Please advice.

Regards,

Kabir

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means i don't have to create activities in my project structure for Cost element planning, is it so? How do i capture the actual cost in execution of the project? Please advice.

Thanks,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use direct FI posting i.e. FB50 and book the travel, labour cost etc against a particular cost elemnt along with WBS. This posting will debit the WBS for that cost and will be reflected against tht particular CE.

It is recommended to use activities, if you are planning to do capacity planning or scheduling. But from just cost booking perspective you can do direct FI posting. You can also use TE submodule in FI.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang & Ahmed,

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Kabir

Answers (0)