cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Customer Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In our print program for Invoice printing the logic for printing Customer Address is from Customer master. Now If we change address in customer master, old invoices are printed with new address which is wrong.

How can we overcome the issue. Can we find old address according to invoice date criteria.

Regards,

Nimit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a Standard Practice in SAP that if you change only the Address in Master Data of Customer then it will reflect in all the Previous & Existing Documents.

You have to take a help of ABAPer to fulfill your requirements.

Best regards,

Ankur

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont thin in std it is possible..Try this user exit

EXIT_SAPLV09A_001

You can use this user exit to control whether an address that was entered manually and has already been used in other documents (referenced), should be referenced again if it changes or whether a new address shold be created (duplicated).

Reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there must be some kind of history table for old addresses because we can see the changes in Customer master fields by going to Environment-> Account Changes-> All fields

regards,

Nimit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit

The table is CDHDR table .

You can take help of abap Consultant and apply following logic

1.in print program while printing address validate invoice date and then compare invoice date with UEDATE(change date)in CDHDR table along with object ID (customer number)and if u want additional criteria like user ID etc so system should print old values if invoice creation date is older than change date.

But beware that this may slow down ur program .as same data gets validated in second table. s

Also please check if u re using same or different ship to party customer number.

If u use the same and ur invoice contians both then u can also have manual control by changing address at the time of delivery.and then doing the invoicing.

Regards

Mandar

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to maintain the old address in ztable then use the user exit in driver program to check the invoice creation date ,if the VBRK:ERDAT is before address changes date then it has to pick the address from customer master ,else it should pick the same from ztable.Pls try this with your abaper ,this worked for me when we changed the sales organisations address.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pasapula.

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mandar ,

It creates a performance issue ,to check the date by going in to change history tables.

Regards,

Pasapula.

sushil_taneja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are foreseeing the same issue in our implementation and hence proactively looking for the solution. In case you have found a better solution than maintaining a ZTable or reading Address History table then pls share the same with me.

Thanks and Regards

Sushil

sushil_taneja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are foreseeing the same issue in our implementation and hence proactively looking for the solution. In case you have found a better solution than maintaining a ZTable or reading Address History table then pls share the same with me.

Thanks and Regards

Sushil