cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is SSO Mandatory for ESS with ECC5.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is single sign on MAndatory for implementing ESS with SP16 ECC5.0 and mysap ERP2004 package . Becuase am not finding any options to map users for systems?

inputs highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

When u implete ESS on the Portal one thing u make sure

that each ESS user having there own data, when u can make user mapping using userid/password than for each an every user of ESS u logon from the portal u can get only mapped user data. it's not worth.

so u have to use user mapping with single sign for Appl data so user can get that actual data from ECC 5.0 system

regards,

kaushal

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sameer,

SSO is mandatory for using ESS, because the JCO-Connection between the XSS-WAS and the Backend must be opened with the actually logged on user.

you can maintain a user mapping in the portal at:

System Administration / System Configuration / System Landscape / <your System in the Landscape> / Property Category: User Management / User Mapping Type.

you can edit admin and/or user, that means who is allwoed to do the mapping.

The mapping is done at:

a) Personalize / User Mapping (for users)

b) User Administration / User Mapping (for admins)

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sameer,

SSO is mandatory for ESS to enable the backend connection for the logged on user only.

For JCO destination type metadata,a generic user maybe be used by providing the userid and password.But for the JCo destination type Application,we have to enable SSO, so that user specific data may be retrieved.

For SSO, the method used is SAP Logon tickets and the same method would be used for user managemnt for the systems created in EP.

Achim, have you tried using User mapping for ESS?

I tried by setting User Management for JCo Destination Type Application ,to User Mapping and did the user mapping in EP for the systems,but i got the error "RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE"-system is unable to interpret the SSO ticket received.

So,i thought the only option is using SAP Logon tickets for this scenario.

In the SAP help also,it is mentioned to set up SSO using SAP Logon tickets, not using User Mapping.

Thanks,

Regards,

Siddhartha