cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic creation of folder in KM content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a webdynpro application which creates a folder in KM Content->Discussion groups dynamically once the application loads.

I've created a iview of this application and users can access this application through the url of the iview

But the issue is that the users are not able to execute this application.I've following queries:

1) Is there any particular role that should be assigned to the user to execute this application

2) If yes, for the above question can we assign the role to the user only when the application is getting executed and then remove it.

I'll be grateful if anybody can help me out in this.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

I set the permission for discussiongroups as "read only".

I observed that the users having 'Content Admin' role are able to execute the application and the folder is getting created in KM content.

But the users not having content admin role are not able to execute the application and they get error as "500-Internal Server Error. Failed to process request.Please contact your system administrator"

Can you please clarify on this.Is it anything to do with the role

Reagrds,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP Note : 599425 about km permissions for repositories.

You can got through this link as well

/message/1558604#1558604 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Saleem

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Default, Content Admin has all the accesses, so the content admin can create folders in your KM repositories. You can give full control to Everyone user or Read/Write to everyone if you want to give access of creating folders to all the portal users.

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you issue got solved.

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As told above the problem may be because of access rights and neccessary permissions to the KM content. And i dont believe it will work if you assign any role but still if you want to assign or remove a role to any user dynamically you can go through the IUSER API.

Regards

Raghu

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem may be that required permissions not set at folder level. It defines the access rights for the items in KM repositories. For more detail refer [Permissions in KM Repositories|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/1b/12c49eb27011d5993800508b6b8b11/content.htm] :

Abhinav