Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interfaces in PI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

PI 7.0 has been installed

I just checked the SPROXY transaction in ECC, It shows the service interfaces not message interfaces...

I was getting confused..cos i think service interfaces are only in PI 7.1 and its very different from 7.0

can i have ur thoughts on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>I was getting confused..cos i think service interfaces are only in PI 7.1 and its very different from 7.0

>>>can i have ur thoughts on this?

this naming comes from ECC and not from XI and it's related to ABAP proxy methods' name

changes, the change comes with some level of patch of ECC

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Yes this in ERP only, as im planning to use proxies.. i wanted to see the SPROXY transaction.

So will this service interface change anything?..I guess not cos its just a message interface with multiple operations..pls correct me ?

Also , If down the line they ask for 7.1?...is it a seprate entity all together?.or

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>So will this service interface change anything?..I guess not cos its just a message interface with multiple operations..pls correct me ?

not exactly

there is one huge change - no more standard proxy methods

check out my blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/06/20/pixi-abap-proxies-say-goodbye-to-executeasynchronous-method

>>>Also , If down the line they ask for 7.1?...is it a seprate entity all together?.or

the new methods will work with 7.1 with no problem

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal...

I will ask the ABAPer to go thru the same...

from PI perspective..ne specific change in setting or design?

and what i meant was if they ask for PI 7.1??..does the cycle start from installation of 7.1 or is it just an upgrade?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>from PI perspective..ne specific change in setting or design?

no changes

>>>and what i meant was if they ask for PI 7.1??..does the cycle start from installation of 7.1 or is it just an upgrade?

you can go for upgrade from 7.0

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check which PI component installed on your ECC system (System->status->view component).

Regards,

Gourav