cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Reference Material Override

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a situation with pricing ref. material and need some help. Currently I have pricing ref. setup where the active material "Mat A" points to "Mat B" for its pricing. Everything is working fine.

However a new business scenario wants us to not use pricing ref matl for certain scenarios but use it for others. It involves around the same material, same access sequence is also the same and the condition type too. I do not want to create a new access seq or condt type to achieve this because the condition tables are shared.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to override pricing ref. functionality via a requirement or routine or some config. I looked into possible routines but they generally do not offer any kind of override functionality. That leaves me with User-exits which is the last option.

Any suggestions will be really helpful

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LFS,

Give this a Try: Lets assume you are using table 4 in your access sequence for material. Go into your access sequence and add a new step with another entry for table 4., then drill down to the field level and select material , highlight material and select field catalog, scroll down to the komp section and select MATNR and not PMATN. This will result in 2 entries on your access sequence that refers to table 4. 1 that references PMATN for pricing reference material and 1 that references matnr. Now create a requirement routine that identifies the condition that determines when you want to use 1 or the other. Assign this requirement routine to the tables within the access sequence in V/07. Hopes this helps.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about the late reply. We had a work around for this. However I was able to manipulate this in the pricing user exit VBAP. However based on the reply to achieve this via an additional access sequence is a good idea because it eliminates the customization via user exit. We will consider this in our future initiatives. Thanks for your time in replying to this.

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi LFS,

Did you get any solution on the issue raised.

Please help me we have similar kind of situation, where we need to overwrite the pricing reference meterial field.

Regards,

Babs