Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Sharing one view (and it's logic) across multiple tabs....

I'm building an application that requires comments to be applied a myriad of different types of objects. The business logic around managing the comments is identical; the only real difference is the data source - the comments are stored in the same database table, but are prefixed with an object type, and linked to the original object.

I'm displaying each type of business object in a separate tab in a tabbed view, using the classic header-line item UI pattern. However, since the comment part of the view is the same, I'd like to know how I could share a common 'comment view' between all the panes.

Web Dynpro will only let you instantiate a view once, so embedding the same view multiple times across the tabbed views won't work.

How would I do something like this? I'm thinking that I may be able to dynamically create the view at run time, and bind the context node to the view so as to display the comments for the selected business object, but I'm concerned about performance (creating/destroying views at runtime).

Possible? You have a better way of doing it? Let me know!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question