cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to run a settlement via CJ88. While running the test run I receive the error message Settlement amount has an incorrect +/- sign

I have checked all relevant the OSS notes (316720, 147922 etc) but couldn't find a solution.

Where should I look for a solution? Error message says "check your settlement rules" but they seem correct.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CJI3 Check the actual cost of project which you are going to settle. I think you are trying to settle -ve values.

Do revret with elaborating settlement rule and profile settings.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I'm trying to settle negative values. But this is possible for an another WBS element. I don't understand how this work in one WBS element but not in the other one.

In my settlement rule, I have fixed assets with positive values and one with a negative value. And that is the one I want to settle.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reverse the WBSE settlement first and again run cj88 to settle the WBSE. Now -ve value will be deducted form reversed amount and only +ve value available for settlement.

Do revert with error message number.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by reverse the settlement? How can I do this? I am new to this subject.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Txn CJ88 in menu bar select settlement and click on reverse. Now system reverses earlier settlement of the project.

First run in test mode if every thing is OK then excute with out test run.

Now follow process as mentioned in my earlier post.

Check and do revert.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First I got the error message "Reversal not possible; last settlement was in period 007 2009".

Than I changed the settlement period to 7 and re-tried to reverse and got the error message "Asset under construction not completely credited"

Asset under construction not completely credited

Message no. KD574

Diagnosis

Despite final settlement, costs or origin data remain on the asset under
     construction.
     This could be because:

o   There are no distribution rules with settlement type FUL

o   The total percentage of the rules is greater than 100%

o   Only amount rules were maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me update my current status.

The asset I'm trying to settle has a -ve value. And the last settlement has been done for this WBS was 2 months ago.

Do I still need to reverse that settlement?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you are settling the WBSE to AUC .Correct me if am wrong.

Now You can reverse the last settlement and run the settle once again. In Cj88 parameters select the processing type as Automatic.

Refer the Snote 198931 for this error and applicable upto release 4.7.

Regards,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first item in the settlement rule is AUC. The one with the -ve value is not AUC.

I don't understand why I need to reverse the last settlement. It has been done almost 2 months ago.

Also Snote 198931 is not applicable for our system, we already have that Snote in the system.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate the step to step process that you are following to do settlement.

Regards,

Nag.

Answers (0)