cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending the SOAP request back in the SOAP response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which I need to update a database from the information I receive in a SOAP request. Now my database will respond back with the number of records that are updated. Now I need to send back a SOAP response which should have the details that I received in the SOAP request.

Can anyone help me on how to send the SOAP request details back in the SOAP response again? I don't want to use a BPM to do this. Also I know that I can use a select statement to get the records that are updated in my response mapping program. Any options other than these?

- Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramchandmdu,

If you need to get back the data that was requested by an input XML, you can save it in the target (in any field or fields) and then map it back to the response again.

If you need the Headers, you can try with the check "keep headers" in the CC configurations.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply. But I am still curious to know how to do that. Because my initial request would be the SOAP message which I will map to the JDBC request. Then the JDBC sends the response back which would have just the number of records that are updated and no other details. Now I need to map this response to my SOAP response and need to send back the caller with the information whatever they sent in the SOAP request.

-Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use BPM, you can keep the request message and response message from the JDBC receiver. Then you can merge it and send as an response over SOAP. But without BPM I dont think its going to be possible.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stish,

I do have exactly the same need, just with the difference that I'm sendind data from JDBC as sender and RFC as receiver, the RFC receive an ID fot example and return some data as a response and I want to update the DB with that response but I dont know how to merge the ID from the request and the data from the response in order to send it back and update the DB. I'm willing to do it with BPM but I don't know how to keep the request and the response and then merge them into the new message that will be sent to the JDBC, can you give me some specific steps?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo Balboa.