cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Planning Service Manager - PSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please provide me the step in creating the Planning Service Manager to execute the PSM run.

The Major problem I am facing in DEFINE SELECTION, I am using the /sapapo/pe_sel -> to create the selection. when I execute the above tcode I am getting the Defing Selection Screen but I am not able to create the Selection. Can anyone help me in this.

Kindly provide all the steps to be maintained for PSM

Thanks in advance,

Ramya.

Edited by: Ramya Vummiti on Jul 28, 2009 7:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya

Could be more clear on this (But I would also like to let you know that end user of SNC - Customer Collaboration is the my client - the supplier --> if the supplier he himself is going to use the SNC Customer Collaboration is it worth while to implement that solution for the supplier side.. Because the supplier (my client) is already got all the data visible in the ECC and APO system, will not be easy for him to use the same APO system to get all the functionality of the SNC customer collaboration. (forecast, supply plan and inventory management)

Customer Collaboration is an upward business process between OEM and his Customer. Where the Demand Data or Harmonized POS data flows from Customer to OEM, even though OEM has his own APO system and ERP, he would like to use CC since the replenishment process is driven by ACTUAL DEMAND and not by forecast.

Here OEM acts as a supplier to the Customer (Vendor) and start the replenishment processing which would include even TLB plannin run.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

My client is the supplier and they deal with drinks (Beer, Johnnie walker etc..)

We are implementing APO for supplier for Demand Planning and Supply planning and inventory management for customers.

I would like to know is it benifical to implement SNC - customer collaboration seperately as they have all the APO and ECC system and they all doing the VMI scenario for the customers.

They are doing all the replenishment plan in the APO system. I think using SNC is duplication work of APO planning.

Kindly advice.

Can you please help me in setting up the initial data view of customer collaboration for showing as proof of concept explanation.

Set up like to see the demand data or replenishment plan data, any which is easier for u to set up.

Kindly help me for the same

Thanks,

Ramya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya

If your supplier has stock out situations for short term demand from his customers and wants to utilize the trasportation means optimally, he has to go for RR.

But where as if he is well planned with Safety stock for his short term demands from his customers, he dont need to.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

your first question was

"Can you please provide me the step in creating the Planning Service Manager to execute the PSM run.

The Major problem I am facing in DEFINE SELECTION, I am using the /sapapo/pe_sel -> to create the selection. when I execute the above tcode I am getting the Defing Selection Screen but I am not able to create the Selection. Can anyone help me in this."

SNC has own PSM setting

spro -> snc -> demand -> define demand service profile

variants:

SHT_FC_01 SHT_FC_SERVICE_PROFILE_01

SHT_FC_02 SHT_FC_SERVICE_PROFILE_02_PS

STAT_FC_01 STAT_FC_SERVICE_PROFILE_01

In addition, you need to set "demand release service profile"

spro -> SNC -> tools -> planning service manager -> define service profile for demand release

variant:

DEM_RELEASE_I DEMAND_RELEASE_PRF_O1

But, I think your problem is a little bit different..

APO DP and APO SNC forcasting is different isues. In SNC, there is two (actually three) type forcasting. One is statictical forcasting, other is short-term forcasting(third one is collaborative sales forcasting). Generally statistical forcasting is weekly bucket and short-term forcasting is dayly bucket.

I mean, you cannot directly use APO DP forcsating in SNC. There must be other tool,or your own program to disaggregate DP weekly info cube to SNC short-term forcasting.

thanks

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim Gok,

Thanks for reply it was very helpful.

Yes i am confused on using the APO DP , DRP to SNC.

I am working on SNC - Customer Collaboration and want to use complete functionality of Customer Collaboration. But I would also like to let you know that end user of SNC - Customer Collaboration is the my client - the supplier --> if the supplier he himself is going to use the SNC Customer Collaboration is it worth while to implement that solution for the supplier side.. Because the supplier (my client) is already got all the data visible in the ECC and APO system, will not be easy for him to use the same APO system to get all the functionality of the SNC customer collaboration. (forecast, supply plan and inventory management)

Now in this design phase I need to tell the design activties required to publish the forecast / demand data, supply plan and inventory data on SNC. what all the steps required to set up the DP and DRP data to SNC.

Kindly advice,

Thanks,

Ramya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry I could not check the page for a long time. I expect an e-mail, but it didnt come..

Any way, first of all SNC's logis is completly diffirent, I mean it focus on your supply chain base on product - location considering your customer... For example APO forcast and SNC forcast is that SNC forcast consider customer's sales and his stock on hand than calculate new replenishment value, but APO only consider our sales to customer.. This is only one point..

I am not a DP consultant, but SNC statictical forcasting is similar to DP forcasting.. In SNC besides statistical forcasting, there colaborative forcasting, and both of them disagregate daily level with time based disagregation...

There is a strong promotion planning in SNC.. And I works seperate from baseline forcasting.. You can say there is promotion isue in ECC SD too.. but besides SD promotion (static promotion), SNC has reactive promotion, dynamic promotion, post promotion dip..

You can use SNC with deployment, but it is not necessary... Working with APO Deployment is a additional functionality of SNC..

SNC TLB function has aditional funstions to SNP TLB..

VMI scenarion of SNC only one of them..

SNC works with XI (PI), it makes it very flexible.. you can integrate any system to SNC..

SNC integrates with customers, there is only one requirement for customer having internet connection...

The question seems to me little bit 'sale' issue, doesnt it?

thanks

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya again,

I am senior SNC consultant of your project, and now I am dealing with my visa and work permit processes...

We can discuss all of your questions face to face..

thanks

Ibrahim Gok

Edited by: Ibrahim Gok on Sep 5, 2009 2:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Implement the note 792657and 981295 this are prerequisite notes.

Goto SPRO--> SAP SCM - Implementation Guide >SCM Basis>Time Series Data Management-->Configure Time Series Data Management

Check Time Series Type DRPV is active or Inactive.

If it is Inactive then activate time series DRPV

Goto SPRO--> SAP SCM - Implementation Guide >SCM Basis>Time Series Data Management-->Activate Time Series Data Type. After that active version should have the following keyfigures:

1) AVAILABLE_PROMO

2) AVAILABLE_TURN

3) CORFCST

4) NETTED_FOR_PROMO

5) NET_DEMAND_RAW

6) ORDERFCST

7) PROMRELEASED

😎 RESERVED

9) SAFETY_STOCK

10) SUBST_DEMAND

11) SUBST_RECEIPT

12) TURN_NETTED_PROM

Please let know for any further queries

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the details.

But I am not able to understand.

I am working for Customer Collaboration.

I am working on the Sandbox system and the project is about implementing the SNC with DP and DRP ( along with S&OP and MPS)

First step of design phase I need to send the Demand Planning data from APO to SNC. All the demand data is a custom development using Z objects and all the data is maintained in info cubes . Now I need to read the Key figures that are created and send them to SNC. For Ex: Keyfigure : ZPUBLFCST and Data Source : 9AZPA1.

Can you please guide me in doing the same. What all data should I have if I need to read the Demand data into SNC. Please tel me required configuration or required steps to read the forecast. Also please tel me what are all the prerequist data I need to customize.

Here we are not using TSDM, I need to read the data from infocube. can use please help me how to do the same.

I would also like to know from where does the SNC read the DP and DRP data ? I meand does it read from APO Live Chache??

Please guide me at the earliest.

Thanks,

Ramya.

Edited by: Ramya Vummiti on Jul 29, 2009 1:09 PM

Edited by: Ramya Vummiti on Jul 29, 2009 1:12 PM