cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Services - What are the space restrictions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts -

Our finance team wants to start saving documents in Object Services. Can you tell me the space restrictions, if any?

Many thanks!

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, defenetly u can use 'services for objects' to store originals. but my request is u have to configure Archive Link for your business document Ex-FIIV etc, this will store your document in Content sserver. so there is no issue in Storege capacity or place what ever... try with this ..

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

If they are using Create Attachment as a storage area, I would strongly suggest they look at configuring ArchiveLink (it should be a greyed out area called Store Business Document in object services) so they can store securely. The GOS create attachment option is not recognised as a secure document storage area and its just designed for adhoc working documents. Its also an area that can be deleted by basis as part of the system cleanup if they run a specific transaction.

They are no hardcoded limitations, but in our experience, the limitations kick in with individual files sizes in excess of 100MB however this will be dependent on the SAP architecture, bandwidth as its largely to do with the file size being so large that the file times out before it can be completed copied to the server.

Regards,

Athol