cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Authentication problem with SAP supplied Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to get a SAP supplied service ( testing using ECC_SUPPLIERBASICDATABYIDQR) to work using message level authentication.

So far I have:

-Created the Service/Endpoint in SOAMANAGER

-Ticked the ""User ID/Password" box under the "Message Authentication" menu

-Saved the Service

-The Authentication Method is set to wsse:UsernameToken

-I'm not able to choose "No Authentication" as it's greyed out.

This has generated the WSDL which I have tried to use in the SAP Web Services Navigator test tool and also in the third party tool SOAP UI.

In the Web Services Navigator tool I am getting the error message "This service requires an unsupported type of authentication"

In SOAP UI the tool generates the SOAP message but I get a "Logon Error Message" saying the login credentials have not been supplied.

In the generated SOAP message I would expect to see the wsse:UsernameToken tag from what I've read but it's not there.

Can anyone shed any light on a way I can get this service to work?

Thanks a lot,

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The possibility of getting the message of login credentials in SOAPUI is only when it involves in SAML assertions. Let me know the webservice has got any authentication mechanism.??

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I am not an expert on the subject ,But i am keen to know if you imported the service implementation from SAP Service Market place in your abap backend and then configured the service.

And now you getting error while publishing it in SR and for that creating the Consumer proxy(Logical Port) to connect to the SR provider service?

Is this where you are getting error at?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments. I've gone back to using basic transport level authentication here for the meanwhile as a workaround which works ok.

Hermant,

The error is caused by the missing authentication info I think. The service is a standard SAP one, from the enterprise services repository I think. I've just configured it in transaction SOAMANAGER.

Anyway, it seems my system doesn't support message level authentication for some reason so transport level will have to do!

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are not specific about securing the web service level , use transport level authentication and set User ID password.

This should work in all the testing tools

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this service uses STS holder of key value method then enable the SAML service and configure the message profile with wsse profile configuration in configuration adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The generated SOAP message is:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:glob="http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal20/Global">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <glob:SupplierBasicDataByIDQuery_sync>
         <SupplierBasicDataSelectionByID>
            <SupplierID schemeID="?" schemeAgencyID="?" schemeAgencySchemeID="?" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="?">?</SupplierID>
         </SupplierBasicDataSelectionByID>
      </glob:SupplierBasicDataByIDQuery_sync>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

and I've tried manually adding the auth info like this (to no avail):

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:glob="http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal20/Global">
   <soapenv:Header>
        <wsse:Security>
            <wsse:UsernameToken>
                <wsse:Username>USER</wsse:Username>
                <wsse:Password>PASS</wsse:Password>
            </wsse:UsernameToken>
        </wsse:Security>

</soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <glob:SupplierBasicDataByIDQuery_sync>
         <SupplierBasicDataSelectionByID>
            <SupplierID schemeID="?" schemeAgencyID="?" schemeAgencySchemeID="?" schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID="?">?</SupplierID>
         </SupplierBasicDataSelectionByID>
      </glob:SupplierBasicDataByIDQuery_sync>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>