Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Negative stock in storage typ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this situation.

Storage type A has no stock while Storage type B has sufficient stock for my delivery.

When i launch LT03 for picking OT generation i would like to pick from storage type A if A is the storage type selected from the removal strategy based on quantities instead of picking from B where stock is available.

I activate negative stock for storage type A.

I noticed that, if I have at least a quant in storage type A, the system according to the strategy force to pick from that storage type even if there's no availability. But if in A there's no quant (stock zero) in the same condition that storage type is not automatically selected.

"Negative quant allowed" works only if there's at least one quant in the storage type?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for automatic search: you described SAP's behaviour properly.

As for manual movements (LT01 / LT10) (or if you give the source bin manually during any kind of TO creation): I guess you can force to move stock from the storage type (for which negative stock is allowed) if if there's no quant at all (=without existing quant you can move stock from that storage type). I cannot test it now but I think system should work in this way.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 28, 2009 8:11 PM

Answers (0)