cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch in Business Process: Condition variable always type Integer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm having the follwing problem when designing a business process in XI 3.0.

I'm using a switch in a business process where I want to check values from a process container. The container has the type of an abstract Interface. The interface consists of several fields which types are Float and Integer.

When I build the condition in the condition editor, I choose as a simple XSD type String for the Float variables and Integer for the Integers, since nothing else makes sense from my point of view.

The problem is that the condition only checks whole numbers and ignores the decimals of the floats which is really a problem since those values are our control totals / check sum.

How do I set up a switch properly so that numbers with decimals will be checked properly.

Thanks in advanced,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, finally I found the solution.

The problem was that I changed the data type on which the container, message type and message interface was based on after I created all those objects.

And it seems that XI does not update the XML Object Type for the Message Interface (TCode SWF_XMP1).

After creating a new Message Interface and replacing it everywhere I used the old one it finally had the correct data types and the switch works as expected.

But I'm still wondering if this is the desired behavior...

Best regards,

Sebastian

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First try with quotes for the values.

Can you make the both fields as String so that you can compare easily. Because currenlty in XI , Data Facets are not working.

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Moorthy.

I think I need to explain a little bit more.

In the container are 6 fields: 2 Integer and 4 Float.

I'm comparing the 2 Integer fields and 2 times 2 Float fields. So the comparison partner have always the same data type.

As I said above, in the switch I've chosen Integer as Data type for the Integers and String for the 4 Float values.

Neverthelss, when I look into the BPM Monitor and open that particular container, I only see whole numbers and the data type of all 6 values is Integer.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can go thru only some data types - String,Integer, Date and Time

Please go thru this help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/26da4105aa3f5de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/13bf7191e73a4fb3560e767a2525fd/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy