cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absense Quota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All experts,

We are generating entitlements for our employees thru time evaluation. Now we are facing an issue.

At the start of the year the employees had X no. of days. The person takes leave in the coming month and when at the month end time evaluation is run, The entitlement quota is reduced. For eg. person started the year with 40 days vacation leave. In coming month he took 10 days leave and the evelaution was run. After running the time evaluation the entitlement becomes 40 - 1(0.10 * 10 days)= 39

Please note that we have kept the Accural period as daily in config for the leave type and hence(0.10 days / day leave)

We do not wish to change the entitlement which is generated at the start of the year.

Please suggest me what shall be done to stop the changes.

Awaiting an early reply

Regards

learner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

As far I understand, your requirement is that you shouldn't deduct from your entitlement quota when the absence is being taken for a particular absence type.

In this case you can follow below mentioned steps:

1. From view V_554S_Q, get the counting rule mapped with

the concerned absence type.

2. From view T556C, get the deduction rule mapped to the

counting rule.

3. From view V_556R_B, you can find your entitled quota

for the relevant deduction rule.Just remove the entry

and save.

Whenever a leave is taken using that absence type

it won't be deducted from that quota but other quota's from which it has to be deducted remain consistent.

Thanks,

Roshan Gujaran.

PS: Reward points to helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan and Venki,

Thanks for your replies, I think I was not able to put my question in right form.

Thing is I have created vacation quota and one extended sick leave quota (person can take any no. of leaves under this and no particular quota no. exists).When we enter the leave for extended sick leave , after running time evaluation the Vacation leave entitlement becomes less as it considers the extended sick leave same as Absense days.

How shall i handle this?Please advise

Regards

Learner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

I think the leave for extended sick leave is mapped to your vacation quota also and hence it is also getting reduced when you enter the leave. In the above reply, I have explained how the mapping is done. Please check that and verify the same.

Thanks,

Roshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

The extended sick leave is not mapped to vacationleave this I had checked before as i thought it might be because fo that. Secondly, it does not getes reduced on normal leaves taken for which the generation rules are present. It only happens in the case where quotas can go to negative deduction

When ever a person takes leave for which no quota exixts and we allows him the no. of days by manually creating the days, time evaluation treats the same as absent and reduces the vacation leave entitlement

Hope this time I am clear. Also is it possible to share your email id so that I can mail you all possible screenshots and then can guide me accordingly

regards

Learner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

In view V_T559L, under Reduction Indicators for Absences, check whether for extended sick leave, reduction indicator is checked or not. If it is checked then the absence days will be considered as inactive days. Then under Selection Rules, for the concerned vacation quota, under Accrual Entitlement Tab, check out the reduction rule given. For test purpose, just remove the reduction rule and check whether now the entitlement is getting reduced or not. If it's working properly, then check the configuration of reduction rule given.

Thanks,

Roshan.

PS: If u want my email id u can post ur email id and I will mail mine to u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i correctly understood ur question, I think u don't want to change the anticipated quota(i.e. the amount which he is entitled at the starting of the Year)

If it is so, then u need to create an anticipated quota and the leaves should be deducted from the accrual quota.

venki