Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SM20

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been asked to get a report of all transactions started by all users since the beginning of the month. I believe I should use SM20 to get this report. For selection criteria I have the date range of 07/01/2009 / 00:00:00 through 07/27/2009 / 23:59:59 selected. Under audit classes I only have "transaction start" checked. All events is checked as well.

Underneath Format it is set to Output to Screen and No. pages for individual display is set to 80. I am only getting results for 07/01/2009. What is "No. pages for individual entries for?"

Also we are in a clustered environment. Is this report only reading audit logs for the server I am currently logged on to?

Many thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"No. pages for individual entries" is for how many pages of the system log you want to display.

Yes if you do not choose Security Audit Logs --> All Audit Logs, It will provide you the logs of the local servers only.

Regards,

Sandip

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possibly you only need to open the menu and choose "All remote audit logs".

In recent releases this is done already by default.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I completely missed that option. Thank you so much.

I increased the No. pages for individual entriess to 100,000 and it looks like I am getting all the report now. I am still uncertain as to what this setting is for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"No. pages for individual entries" is for how many pages of the system log you want to display.

Yes if you do not choose Security Audit Logs --> All Audit Logs, It will provide you the logs of the local servers only.

Regards,

Sandip

0 Kudos

Perfect. Thank you all for your help. I have just what I needed out of the report.

Michael