cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

End user asked me to look into why he is not receiving email notifications when a Shopping cart gets sent to his inbox for approval.

Is there something that he needs to set himself, or are there settings that i need to apply for him?

Please let me know the complete settings ?

Thanks in Advance Experts

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 28, 2009 4:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

laurent explained in this thread on email notifications very clearly.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your earliest reply.

I have already chekced these settings gievn in the thread.

The Notification mail is not getting generated in SOST. I have entered the shopping cart creation date and change date in SOST parameters- No Results.

Even when i check the workflow id in SWI1 after double click i can see sub workflow is called for sending a mail

and notification mail is not going only for one particualr user.

I have also executed report RSWUWFMLEC.then also no entry comes.

Please suggest for best solution this issue is pending from past 5 days.

i have seen the customizing setting for Receipent Notification also

For Order shopping cart

These 2 entries are checked against approver , Reviewer,Initiator of the Workflow

Rejection of application object

Deletion of appplication object

Please let me know aprt from these setting where i can see to analyse the issue and get it solved...

Thanks in advcane muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you tell me what type of notification he receive at what instances?

text ?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

when a shopping cart generated then an apporver receives a Notification mail which contain message ("You have a Workitem in

your SAP SRM Inbox") .For all other users, Entry is generating in SOST but for one particular user entry is not comming SOST .

as i told you that i had already seen settings.

How i can re-run the workflow so that entry comes..is it possible or is there any setting which i am missing ?

Thanks in advance

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

FORWARD_WI - X for that user.

can you check bbp_read_attributes

i/p - problem user id

org id 5xxxx

it_attr_list = FORWARD_WI =x

and see whether user has inherited or not

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI muthu,

yes INH_STATUS in read_attributes i s marked as 'X'.

can you also help to about the whole purpose of notification mail . how this gets generated so that i can check all the settings.

if i see another Shopping cart and see the logs in SWIA then there is not subworkflow to send the mail then in BBP_WFL_BADI also no code is written to send the mail .

thanks in advance for your sincere help muthu...

Notification mail gets generated? with these availble settings

checked Attribute Current ITS of User is also maintained against user

checked attribute FORWARD_WI "Flag: Forward work item,'' against user

Notification Receipnt settings

user roles settings

After all these setting report (RSWUWFMLEC) is already scheduled .

is there any setting i missed out ?

Thanks once again

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 29, 2009 4:30 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

I believe that locking users will definitely interfere with the mail processes but should be dependent upon how often your mails are being transferred out of SOST.

Another problem we come across is duplication of email addresses, if you have two different users and they share the same email address this will cause problems with approval mails coming back in.

We had to have a bespoke report written to screen for duplicate mails in our system as some or our departments don't have personal email addresses but share a communal mail box.

Hope these help

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Apart from the complicated techy things, check that the users email address is valid and has no illegal email characters in it.

Send them an email by cut and pasting their address from SU01 into your mail client "To" sometimes illegal invisible control characters get into the SU01 email address and then SAP will not send the mail to SOST.

Check SLG1 log for errors also.

Also try deleting and re-entering the users e-mail address.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi allen ,

thanks for helping me.

I have one doubt ? If a Shopping cart is created on 12th july and approver user id was not locked at that time and after 3 days means on 15th july if a user is locked and then on 21st july user lock status set to '0'(unlock) again and on 22nd user rejects the item.Now in this process user sandy(approver) doesnot receive a mail ?

as i mentioned all the settings been checked for notificaton but this is one doubt in my mind when a user master changes

Thanks in advance experts

Sunyn