Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling SM30 with pre-selected values ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a Z-table, which user can change by transaction

SM30.

Now i want to 'jump' directly into SM30 with pre-selected values, meaning that only the rows are selected and displayed in SM30 with specific values in the field.

Well, you can do it manually when calling SM30, but how can i do it automaticly ?

The values are dynamic, depending which customer

the user has choosen.

How can i handle this ?

13 REPLIES 13

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create mainenace view trough SE11, go to ENVIRONMENT-> VARIANTS, and create the variants.

After that, you can create parameter transactions in SE93 to transacition SM30, skipping first screen, and with parameters:

UPDATE = X

VIEWNAME = yourtablename

VIMDYNFLDS-LTD_DTA_VR = X

TVIMV-VARIANT = Yourvariant.

You need to create one transaction per variante.

Don´t forget reward points if helps.

Regards

0 Kudos

Sorry, but that does not help i think.

I try to 'redefine' my problem:

The values must be DYNAMIC ! The user has

a button in trans. FD03. Depending in which

customer the user is, the sm30 should only

display the values with this customer-number.

I have 400000 customers. I can't create a variant

for each customer ?!?!?

0 Kudos

Hi,

use the command CALL TRANSACTION ..

Rgd

Frédéric

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, but with CALL TRANSACTION: where can i

put in the value for the customer-number ???

regards, Martin

0 Kudos

You didn't have find a user-exit in the FD03 to call your transaction SM30 ?

How do you want to link the FD03 to your SM30 ?

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am not sure if i understood your question correctly but from what i understand i am trying to answer.

1). For the Z table try creating a Maintenance View with a single table inside it.

2). In the view change screen put a 'S' on the field on which you would like to have a restriction.

3). Activate the view and try to go to SM30 and try to maintain the values and see. The system will popup a screen to enter some restriction on that field for which you have selected 'S' in the step 2 above.

4). So you can create a Transaction code for the view you have created and call it using a tcode and set the restriction dynamically.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Vijayendra,

thank you, i want to try this.

BUT: what do you mean with

"2). In the view change screen put a 'S' on the field on which you would like to have a restriction"

WHERE should i put a 'S' in the field ???

regards, Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

When you create a view there is a column with the title 'P' under this column against the field which you want to have a restriction.

Let me know if i am clear. Feel free to write back.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

hi vj,

thx, i found the column to put the 'S' in, it was

'hided' in the dynpro.

Well, as i have never done a maintenance view: when i activate the view and then go to sm30 and put the name of the view in, i get the error 'The maintenance dialog for ZKNVT_VIEW is incomplete or not defined'.

Have i forgotten something ?

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

How r u creating a view. You have to create a maintenance view from se11. And only use one table in it.

if you are not clear send me an email @ vijayendra.rao@hp.com

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

hi vj,

i have tried to send a mail, i got a 'out of office reply'

well, i have created the maint. view with SE11 with that one table. then i have activated it. but i can't find it when using SM30 and put in the name of the view.

what else i have to do ? do i have to go to the 'table maintenance generator' and create a display ????

reg, Martin

0 Kudos

once the table maintenance is generated you can also use the following FM

call function 'VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL'

exporting

action = 'U' " Change.

view_name = 'ZXXX'. " Table name.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have serious problems to create a variant (yourvariant) for the SM30.

If I go to 'Table Maintenance Generator' from SE11 for a simple Z-Table, no menu entry ENVIRONMENT-> VARIANTS or VARIANTS is available anywhere.

Can you please describe the way to create a Variant vor the parameter TVIMV-VARIANT more detailed?

Thank you.

Regards