cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what have different Universe designer and Bex Query designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have used infocube 0FIAR_C03 in Bex Query designer, but i can't find some infoobject in Universe designer, for example, these infoobject can be find in Bex Query designer, but can not find in Universe designer . Why is this?

[0FIAR_C037] Document data

[0DOC_DATE] Document Data

[0AC_DOC_TYP]Document type

[0FI_DOCSTAT] Item status

[0PSTNG_DATE] Posting data

[0POST_KEY]Posting key

[0SP_GL_IND]Spec.G/L indicator

in other words, why can't find Infoobject in Universe designer?

How to create a new selection and new formula like Bex Query designer in Universe Designer?

right click Deb/Cred.Amount and select object properties, i seen definition tab have a information as below :

[Measures].[6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ]

how to explain [6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ]?

please let me know the solution, thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BEx QQuery Designer attributes automacially a Unique ID to all key figures included basic, calculated and restricted key figures.

These Unique ID are used as key figure definition in the MDX query.

You can use these defintions or use @Select function to reference any of these key figure in universe cacluclated key figures.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Didier. How to use UID definition in the universe designer?

I have used standard query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005, the query have restricted key figure and formula keyfigure in columns,in the universe designer, I have used this standard query 0FIAR_C03_Q0005 created a universe, the universe does not show these key figure. Why is this?

Is there any setting in universe designer that we have to do?

Are we require re-create some object in Universe? But create or change object, the u201C>>u201D button always gray?

In Keys tab, I have clicked u201Cinsertu201D button, it has generated dialog with edit select statement of u2018Deb/Cred Amountu2019 . in classes and objects region, I canu2019t select any object to blank region as above.

My Universe Designer 12.1.0.882(XI 3.1), do I need to install patch?

Many thanks.

Best Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a normal behavior, in XI 3.1 the object editor button is disabled: the editor is available with the SP2.

However you can use copy/paste in the definition placeholder to create/modify the objects definition.

So edit an existing object copy the definition and paste it in the new object you want to create.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Didier, thanks.

the key figure object always this way exist: [Measures].[6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ]

this is bo and bw maaping of method, i have create /modify objects , used UID from bex query designer , but can't through parse , the Parsing result:

parse failed: exception: DBD, XML invaild. [Measures].[6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ] State: N/A

how to find out the xml method?

thanks and regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I you want to refer a given key figure in a new measure there are 2 options:

<li>Use the measure definition:

[Measures].[6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ]

<li>Use the reference:

@Select(Parent class\Measure name)

Moreover this is valid only if you want to use the measure as it.

If you want to create a calculated measure like "_MyMeasure * 10_" you have to write the following code:

<li>

<EXPRESSION>[Measures].[6YNVDCCKFE3KHFYQCZFOE3EFZ] * 10</EXPRESSION>

<li>

<EXPRESSION>@Select(Parent class\Measure name) * 10</EXPRESSION>

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier say: "you can use copy/paste in the definition placeholder to create/modify the objects definition..."

Hi Didier, you know otherwise they can use? maybe installing something (some patch) for the button is enabled?

Sometimes becomes too complex to generate the select or filter changes and the "Edit Select Statement" serves fairly.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created universe on top of BW Cube, and I need to create measue from calculating exiting figures (ex : []* <b>)

I add [expression] ~ [/expression] , but still not work.

The error message is : a database error occured, The database error text is : The provided XML is invalid.

(WIS 10901).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to enter a valid MDX expression embedded in the following XML tags: <EXPRESSION></EXPRESSION>

Example:

<EXPRESSION> [Measures].[MyMeasure] * 10 </EXPRESSION>

Didier