cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Structure Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I av an issue.I av created a new document with documnet : Testing,Type : zol ,Part :000 with NO version by creating object link to PO line item ..while i want to view complete history of the document in product structure browser :CC04 by entering the above details,it is showing the error msg as document doesnot exist.

While i created the document with documnet : Testing,Type : zol ,Part :000,Version: A by creating object link to diff PO for line item ..while i chkd in product structure browser to view complete history of the document it is displaying the complete history...

Here only difference is in version no...I av defined version no inc as "*" in customisation..

My question is In product structure browser :CC04 why it is NOT displaying the first document i.e.documnet : Testing,Type : zol ,Part :000... why it is giving an error msg though documnent has been created...Is that CC04 report dependent on document version also....

Regards

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAP DMS, primary requirement is document key

Document number

Document type

Document PART

Document Version ;

thse are mandatory key paramaeters you have to give value for this.

Benakaraj

??P

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

gnerally it is not supported to have document info records without a version. This is a necessary data because the version is used very intensivly for searching on document info records for example.

If you have maintained value '*' for version increment in transaction DC10 then you have to implement your own check by using BADI DOCUMENT_NUMBER01. This BADI implementation needs a logic which version will be assigned to the document info record. However this field has not to be empty.

Best regards,

Christoph