cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Design Bar in the Top Level Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a small colored rectangle at the far left of the Top-Level Navigation called the "Design Bar" in teh Theme Editor. I want to be able to modify the size of this element, or add an image to replace it. The Theme Editor only provides the ability to change the background color.

For the same Design Bar in the Detailed Navigation section of the Theme Editor, one can add an image.

Is there a way to do this in the Top-Level Navigation? Did SAP miss something here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If I'm thinking of the same element, it can't be changed in the theme editor. I believe it is an "undocumented feature". I believe there is a way to change it if you are on NW04 SPS14 or higher.

With the new external facing portal functionality available with SPS14 of NW04 and SPS6 of NW2004s, there is a something called tag libraries. You can read more about it here. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ea3a29b28e1bcae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

In the navigation tag library there is an element called "notch" or something like it. I believe that is the element you are looking for.

Good luck.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, were you able to find out how to remove the design bar from the top level navigation iView? I need to do the same thing. I have modified the TLN iView and I have removed the design bar, but I ran into another issue: the TLN show up on top of the masthead.

regards,

Tiberiu