cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with file name in receiver Communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am sending the files from SAP Application server to third party Application server.

In my source folder i have different types of files with different names.

but i need to pickup the files which is coming as of type sss_3300_was.txt and sss_3400_was.txt.

what would be the logic for this.what my understanding is if i put sss_* it will works.

If suppose the file is Exist in the folder as sss_3300_was.txt , so it will picked up and places in target folder.

and next time if the file type is sss_3400_was.txt then that will pick up and places in the target folder.

my question is, in the receiver comm channel what would be the file name scheme. i have tried with * and / but system has not been accepted as * can not be given.

Kindly suggest what should i put in Receiver CommChanne file name sheme.

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check the payload in message mapping test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar,

In my scenario i am doing with out IR, as ECC system will generate the file and places in Application server.

My job is to pick up the file and send it to the third party.

but while picking up the file in my sender channel i could see the pay load is different.

i have aslo seen in the sap application server the file exist the content. but when XI is picking up the file data is coverted in to some other charaters

can you please advise what would be the proble.

thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the Adapter-Specific Message Attributes in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Edited by: Gangadhar G on Jul 28, 2009 4:51 PM

Edited by: Gangadhar G on Jul 28, 2009 4:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain the file type as text both in the sender and receiver communication channel which did not modify the file contents.

and to get the same file as picked up on the ECC app server , Please check the file name (adapter specific message attributes) both in the sender and receiver communication channels AND on the receiver communnication channel , maintain the file name scheme as %filename% and maintan the message protocal as File (Not File Content Conversion) on both comm channels as it needs no conversion and only a file transfer.

Edited by: Reynold K on Jul 28, 2009 5:14 PM

Edited by: Reynold K on Jul 28, 2009 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In My Scenario i am not using the IR so how can i use the UDF.If yes how can i use kindly suggest.

I have one more issue which is major.Right now i am doing testing by giving the same file name on both sender and receiver communication channel.Here what i am facing the problem is sender comm channel is picking up the file and placing the file in target folder, but when i checked in sender CC payload the content which is there in the file is not coming instead some special charater data is coming like @, ? etc. can you please tell me what could be the probelm like where could be the problem.

For testing I am giving the same file names on both ends even though i am not able to understand why the correct data is not coming.In Sender CC payload below is the Error i am getting.

''Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://sapr3008:1100/mdt/messagecontentservlet?attach...''

I have given all the required paramters correct.

Kindly advise and suggest how could i approach.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Your question seems to be confusing with the actual subject given. So please always try to ask the question which is related tothe subject.

You are having two issues bhaskar:

One is to get the same name as input in the output. If yes then check the filename in sender communication channel in ASMA and check the same in receiver communication channel also. So your filename will be copied and for your filename scheme you give as sss_*. It should work. Even though if you dont use IR it shoudl work.

The next issue is your payload data is not displaying. Can you please tell what are you configured in your sender communication channel? Also please the put the full error message you are getting so that somebody can try to analyse and help you out.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Actually i need to change the subjet when i am asking other question...

first thing is suppose i have 10 files like sss_3100_was, sss_3300_was, sss_3400_was........sss_3900_was in the sender application folder and should be moved to receiver [target] folder with the same name.

as you said mentioned above below is my undertsanding, please correct me if i am wrong.

In sender cc

1. i will give file name as sss_*

2. i will flag ASMA and also check file name.

In receiver cc

1. I will give file name as sss_*

2. i will flag ASMA and also check the file name

The above is my understanding with respect to your inputs, is it correct?

in receiver cc i have tried file name scheme as sss_* but when i see the receiver CC log its telling that * is not allowed.

may be i have not flaged ASMA at that time, but now i will flag ASMA in receiver CC dose it works? just need to confirm from you.

Regarding seconf issue.

when file is picking up from the source folder from SAP Application server as i can see file is picking up well and posting in third party folder and even in the sender cc and receiver cc logs i could see all shown in success.But when i see in the SXMB_MONI in the inbound interface the data are coming in the special charater format like @$??? and so on.But when i checked in SAP Appl server the same file contains the three lines of data like material number purchase order number and so on and it is Text file.

below mentioned are done configs for sender CC by me.

MP: file

TP: NFS [as it is SAP appl server]

filepath:/

file name: sss_*

file type :text

add time stamp

..... and so on

Kindly advise me if any changes are required and also provide me inputs in case any correction.

Thanks,

Bhaskar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

In reciever file communication for filename you can put anything like sss or test etc, but not *. It will not do any good here, becasue your filename is going to be taken from ASMA. Since it is mandatory you are just putting it as sss or test.

Second issue:

If everything is good you should not get any issues even for the second problem.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar, We are exactly having simlar interfaces which will just transfer the file data(*.txt) with the same file names to the third party FTP servers and our interfaces are working perfectly . we are on PI 7.0 SP15.

1) Pleasemaintain the file type as 'text" in the sender CC and transfer mode as "text"receiver CC which did not modify the file contents.

2) To get the same file as picked up on the ECC app server , Please select the file name checkbox (adapter specific message attributes) both in the sender and receiver CC

3) On the receiver CC , maintain the file name scheme as %filename%

4) make sure to maintan the message protocal as File (Not File Content Conversion) on both comm channels as it needs no conversion and only a file transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks satish/reylond,

I will try with that and get back to you with positive result.

Thanks...

Bhaskar

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You pick up any file using * wildcard. Also you want to paste the same file name picked up not *. Go through this blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Cheers

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

My problem is solved.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the sender communication channel use "Advanced Selection for Source File" and fill "File name Mask" (refer this /people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter)

and to have the same file name for the target you have to use UDF that sets the same file name for the target(adapter specific Message attribute(refer this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/content.htm)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fatima,

In my sender file the content is not getting correct like it is coming as in different special characters.

but when i see the same file in application server the data exixts in that file.

can you please tell me the what would be the problem.

Thanjks,

Bhasakr

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF you are using UDF for fetching the same file name from sender to receiver then in FileName scheme you can give some dummy name

and make sure you seelect the adapter specific messge attribues

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

I am picking the text file with some content.

but my sender comm channel is not picking up the content its just picking up the file and placing in the taget folder.

when i checked the payload in sender cc its giving as some special characters like @?? etc, but it is not picking the data in the file.

In Coom channel i am getting under payload as below

''Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://sapr3008:1100/mdt/messagecontentservlet?attach...''

can you please suggest what would be the problem.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos
my question is, in the receiver comm channel what would be the file name scheme. i have tried with * and / but system has not been accepted as * can not be given.

Select Adapter Specific Message Attributes in sender and receiver file channel,Check filename

So receiver filename would be same as sender filename