Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Netweaver and EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i am a Basis Admin and I want to configure Netweaver with EP

i have Installed new IDES system with parameters AS ABAP, AS JAVA, EP and EP Core in a system.

I am logging in thro' J2EE_ADMIN User Id with the master Password which i had given while installation.it just got thro' but it has no authorization. If i try to create new user,it says, "AN ERROR OCCURED, CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR"

now what i want is,

1. what is the default User id and password to log in.so that i can create new users with my own authorizations.'Administrator' user id does not work, it says, " User authentication failed"

2.what are the settings i need to do to configure Netweaver and EP

please help me out in this to go further and configure Netweaver and EP fully.

Thanks & Regards,

SIva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Nice to hear your problem got resolved,for post configuration steps of NWA check the below link and proceed accordingly

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/98/fa9b6ec510404dbcfebf35cb107c04/content.htm

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Iam logging in thro' J2EE_ADMIN User Id with the master Password which i had given while installation.it just got thro' but it has no authorization. If i try to create new user,it says, "AN ERROR OCCURED, CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR

You need to regenerate the roles of J2EE_ADMIN,SAPJSF,J2EE_GUEST

Tcode SU01>J2EE_ADMIN>change mode>go to Tab role double click on rolenew session will be displayed-->click on tab User enter the username of J2EE_ADMIN and do a usercompare and save it at the end do the same way for reset of the users and restart the Engine and try

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey....uday. thanks.its working now as you have said.

i have got my User id now. whats the nex step i can proceed to configure Netweaver. can you tell me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your sapjsf user doesnt have the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION, this should be assigned. By defualt it will have the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO which provides read only permission.

As you have done ABAP+JAVA installation by default the java stack will point to 001 client. So your sapjsf user will be in 001 clnt.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as you have suggested, i deleted the role "SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO" and assigned "SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION" from ABAP client 001.

even after this, if i try to login using this Id, it says "User Authentication failed"

what can i do now?

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check if J2EE_ADMIn is locked in 001.

Try to login to Visual Admin.If nothing works try to login with J2ee_guest.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

J2EE_Admin is not locked. now, even this Id gives error "user authentication failed" in Netweaver logon.J2ee_gues is also giving the same error. i do not know how to proceed further.

what is visual admin. ow to log in thro' this.please help me

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In windows go to this location

usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS02\j2ee\admin (unix location remain the same )

Double click go.bat or in case unix type appropriate command i gues /go

It will launch a tool ,try to login to that with J2ee_admin.

Regards

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Sandal on Jul 28, 2009 7:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

tanx for the immediate response. It launches Visual administrator but, here also "user authentication failed" error on connecting.

But if try the same user and password in client 001, it works.

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you performed any client copy etc??

How many clients you have ..check in others if j2ee_admin is locked??

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did not perform any client copy. i have 001,000,066,800,810,811,812 clients available by default.

i checked in 001,000,800. it works in these clients. but not in Netweaver