cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM recipe management in PP rather than PP-PI landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, I'd be grateful if anyone was prepared to declare if they have worked / are working on a similar landscape: Enterprise 4.7 and EA-APPL 200 . Specifically interested in:

- a brief RM usage outline, or

- just a company name and industry sector

- constraints you have experienced on not having PP-PI available.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arjan_oostdijck
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

We are a company in the food industry, using ECC 5.0 and may start implementing EH&S and RM as soon as we get board approval for our blueprint.

We plan to migrate PP to PP-PI first, the implement the EH&S specification database, and RM for new product development and change management on existing recipes.

At the moment, we use PP. As PP and PP-PI both work with the same BOM database tables, RM can generate BOM's for both PP and PP-PI, there is no difference.

Process steps can be transferred to a PP-PI master recipe. To transfer them to PP (routing), custom development is required.

We plan to migrate to PP-PI first before implementing RM, because PP-PI can do anything PP can, and more. PP-PI is more flexible, and it will save us custom development.

Regards,

Arjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a query on similar lines.

Is it possible to connect master recipe into PP-REP.

Like conversion of Formula to BOM and Routing...

I have also posted Thread in forum "Connection between Recipe management & PP-Repetitve scenario"....

If u have any inputs on the above ,pls elaborate..

Thanks

Nitin Patil