cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why TREX Indexing Monitor shows Pending Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to figure out why searching functionality is not working using TREX.

In Portal "System Administration->Monitoring->Indexing Monitor" shows as green but the status shows "pending".

1) I've successfully configured the TREX with the portal.

2) All the servers(Nameserver,Index Server,Queueserver,HttpServer are running when seen in the TREX Monitor.

3) Repositories are also created and i canc the files in the folder from the portal.The same folder was added as datasource for the Index created.

4) "SystemAdministration->Monitoring->TREXMonitor-> Display Queues" shows the index created but the queue status as "pending"

5)"SystemAdministration->Knwoledge Management-> Content Management->GlobalServices->crawler Parametrs" I ve created the crawler initially without any filters but tried adding Scoperesource filters too.

But when i go to monitoring-> crawer monitor...it doesnt show any entries.

I ve provided all the information i felt was necessary to narrow down to the cause.

Can u please help me in making this TREX searching work for me.

Thanks & Regards,

KSK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If the indexing monitor shows pending then it means Intermediate indexing status in which no functions can be carried out.

Try using standard crawlers and check if it is active and then try indexing your data source.

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I tried using the already existing crawler.But it didnt work.It still shows as pending in the indexing monitor.

I hope this change doesnt require a restart of the server.

Lemme know if i need to do anything more.

Regards,

KSK

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi KSK,

if the crawler monitor is empty, you have not even reached the TREX server yet.

I'd advise to open a message to SAP support. And please include infor about the exact releases and patch levels you are using.

regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you have CM Systems set in your Index Management Task Queue Reader. You can find this at System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > Global Services > Scheduler Tasks > Index Management Task Queue Reader.

Hope this helps,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fallon,

I didnt get you when u say "set CM Systems ". I didn't do any such step in specific but when i check the location u specified, it is showing a entry in "CM Systems " and also a entry in "TimeTable" and the priority being "1".

Karsten,

sorry for the delay in responding to ur reply.

I'd gone thru the various threads in sdn including those involving ur responses.In few of them it was indirectly said that, crawlers are mandatory only for webrepository.If wat i suppose here is true, then the indexing shud work.

I wonder if i any more steps need to be done.

Thanks & Regards,

KSK

FYI..

Windows2000 server

J2EE Engine 6.40 PatchLevel 89291.313

Portal 6.0.11.3.0

KnowledgeManagementCollaboration 6.0.11.3.0 (NW04 SPS 11 Patch 3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting the CM System in the Index Management Task Queue Reader only needs to be done once, so I'm not surprised that a CM System was already set for you. However, we added another JVM recently to our portal environment, and had to add the additional CM System appearing in the CM Systems list to this Task Queue Reader. So if you see more than one CM System in the list when editing the Task Queue Reader, but only one is actually <i>activated</i> for the Task Queue Reader, I would recommend activating all of them in the list.

If you only see one CM System in the list when editing the Index Management Task Queue Reader, and it has already been activated (the check box is already checked), then unfortunately I'm not sure where else you should look. I hope a solution becomes available to you soon.

Cheers,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am now able to see the the entries in Crawler Monitor, but unfortunately the status shows as "Failed" and all the other(elapsed time,delivered,errors,processing time)as "0".

In the log it reads smth like this "<b>com.sapportals.wcm.service.xcrawler.XCrawlerException: [-1105] (at 1595): Too complicated SQL statement (too much data)</b>

And in the index monitor, the status is still pending as it used to be but now the status is glowing in red.

I've gone through the recent posts on the same kinda problem but still cud'nt resolve it.

Any help is most appreciated.