cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i download whole WD Abap scenario into XML File ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experts,

I want to download the WD( Web Dynpro ) Abap scenario into Xml file from one SAP server. by upload this xml file into another server(uploaded server) to create the WD abap scenario as it is in downloaded server. As like we download the report into xml using ' cl_gui_frontend_services ' class.

through Transporting the request into that upload server i can do that but the thing is there is not communication between these systems. for that i am searching in this way.

Thank you,

Shabeer ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My apologies! Had posted a reply in the wrong thread by mistake..

Edited by: Uday Gubbala on Jul 28, 2009 6:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Uday,

Can u post it again.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

If you are trying to have the Import/Export functionality for an entire Web Dynpro Component then why dont you try use the SapLink feature?

You would need to download & install an SAP plugin. You can do the same from [here|http://code.google.com/p/saplink/]. You will find an SAPLink program ZSAPLINK to export/import objects. Just go through the instructions on the SAP Link page.

Regards,

Uday

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

This feature is not currently in the standard system. However there is a beta version of a plugin for exporting and importing Web Dynpro ABAP components.You would have to use the SAPLink program (ZSAPLINK) to export and import objects. Please go through this link to download the necessary stuff.

[http://code.google.com/p/saplink/|http://code.google.com/p/saplink/]

For any problems while uploading these nuggets into SAP you can post your queries [here|www.saplink.org]. Also refer to Thomas Jung's comments in [here|;.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI uday,

I too have used saplinks in previous but didn't tried on web dynpro plug-in. As u have used that successfully.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

SapLink is the only available option to export/import an Web Dynpro Component. Am not sure whether SAP is coming up with any other option in its future releases but as of now you would have to try install the beta version and make use of it.

Regards,

Uday

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Transport files are the offical SAP approach to moving ABAP development objects. Even if the two systems aren't direclty connected, your basis team need only to copy the co-file and data file between the transport directory of the two servers.

SAPlink is a community project that works like you describe - downloads objects via XML to the client machine. It doesn't rely on the transport mechanism and instead imports and exports objects via the Workbench internal APIs.

The SAPlink page probably needs to be updated as the WDA plug-in is hardly beta any longer. It has been available for a couple of years now. I use it all the time to move demos around. I was just using it this morning to move some exercises from my local ABAP system onto one of the TechEd Session Servers.