Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

ramesh_s10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I m having the following premise :

I have created one sales order for 20 Qty and created another sales order for same material for 10 Qty.

While creating the above sales order having '0'(zero) stock.

Now i m creating another sales order for above mentioed material for 30 Qty at that time having unrestricted stock of 30 qty,due to this stock confirmed to third sales order.

Now i want to assign availabilty check on First in First out basis....that means the available 30 qty should assign to first and second sales order respectively...

Thanx in advance.

S.Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In two ways, you can achieve this.

1) Via Back Order processing TCode V_V2

2) In OVZ9, select your availability check and Checking Rule A and execute. There tick the box against the field "Include Sales reqmts". This will reserve the stock on "first come first served basis."

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ramesh_s10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I consider your replies still i need further clarifications.

1) Via Back Order processing TCode V_V2

- To check based on individual materials, it ll take much time.... Isn't?

2) In OVZ9, select your availability check and Checking Rule A and execute. There tick the box against the field "Include Sales reqmts". This will reserve the stock on "first come first served basis."

- The above mentiond settings already available in our sysyems...

Regs,

S.Ramesh.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

) Via Back Order processing TCode V_V2

- To check based on individual materials, it ll take much time.... Isn't?

Apart from this there is no other choice for you and t ocde CO06 also you can try

Include Sales reqmts tick will not work for u because say material X stock is 0

Order A for 5 units confirmed qty in schedule lines for this order is 0 still the order is saved

Order B for 5 units confirmed qty in schedule lines for this order is 0 still the order is saved

Two days later you receive the stocks say 12 units and register Order C for 10 units confirmed qty in schedule lines for this order is 10 and the order is saved

Still order A and B will not get stocks

As soon as you get the stocks you should process order A and B in change mode and do an availabilty check

Before that if you come out with fresh order C then A and B will suffer

Include sales requirements will work if you have stocks as first come first basis

Regards

Raja

ramesh_s10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u pls explain the process Backorder processing...

Regs,

S.Ramesh.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One prerequisite for Back Order processing is that: The u201CIndividual Requirementsu201D in the MRP 3 view of material master record (Availability check field) needs 2 b thr 2 make a material eligible for back order processing.

Coming 2 d process of doing it:

1. Use TCode: CO06

2. Enter the material to be processed & plant.

3. The system wil display the sales orders / customer requirements not yet completely confirmed or with no Scheduled receipt.

4. There Double-click the sales order or customer requirement which is to be confirmed

5. in the details screen u can enter the u201CConfirmed Qtyu201D against the u201CATPu201D. Save.

Back order checking rule should be assigned to the plant you are using in the below path :

Spro---> Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Availability Check>Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Checking Rule For Updating Backorders.

And this based on when run using CO06 it is based on the material, plant, MRP area and checking rule.

With this can re assign the confirmed qty of one order to other high priority order if material is not available.

Continued in next post

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Backorder processing is a functionality in SAP where you can change the commitments and over-ride the blockage of stocks marked against sales documents/deliveries. For e.g. you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACKORDER processing helps you to change the commitment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this functionality.

OMIH - Checking rule for updating backorders

OPJL - Define new checking rule

OPJJ - Define scope of check

V_RA - Backorder Processing

Data selection:-

Sold-to-party Customer code Mandatory

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

Changed confirmed quantity :-

Tick the material you want to changed and click the Backorder button

Confirmed quantity that still can be changed are highlighted.

V.15 - Backorder List

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

In simple term Back order Processing is more of a manipulation.

The quantity already assured to other customers earlier are being manipulated/changed here.

Back order is created in two scenarios.

1. If the order quantity is not totally confirmed.

2. If the requested delivery date can not be kept.

continued on next post

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will give you a simple example.

Suppose ,you have a material M1.

Your sales closing is 30th Oct.

As of to-day your stock is 1000 units, out of which suppose 200,300 and 400 units are already assured/promised to customer A,B and C respectively.

You are not going to receive any stock before 1st Nov.

In this scenario, suppose one of the biggest institution (your most important customer) has palced an order for 400 units and to be delivered before 30th Oct.,whereas you have only 100 units left open with you.

You have been trying for this order since last few months as this business is very lucrative, every year grows by atleast 30%,payment is very good, profit is very good, it is a prestigious institute where all compititors are active.

If you will not serve this order, then in future you will loose the business permanently which you can not afford.

In this situation what you will do ?

Obviously, You will change the already promised quantity earlier to other customer and find out 500 units for this order, and this process is called Back Order Processing.

Back order processing is of 2 types.

1. Manually (Here ATP quantities are reassigned manually as for confirmation and manage the required stock for the important customer)

Here t.code CO06 is used.

2. Automatic or via Rescheduling ( Here system does automatically taking the "Delivery priority" from the customer master into consideration). Here t.code V_V2 is used.

Regards

Raja

ramesh_s10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on ur example, after giving mateiral & plant, have to execute.Now i m getting log regarding previous confirmed Qty,new confirmed Qty. Then what is the step to convert stock to old sales orders.

Regs,

S.Ramesh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

V_V2 - Backorder processing should work.

Include sales requirements will work only if you have stocks as first come first basis as some1 has specified.

Regards

prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

In this case you have to perform a backorder processing for tcode V_V2, there you will find lots of criteria to re-assign the reserved stock to your orders.

Hope this helps.

Adriano Cardoso

ramesh_s10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi adriano,

Would u pls explain me how to proced or explanin the steps to execute V_V2 ?

I m getting the particular scrren of backorder process.But i dont know how to transfer of change the avaiability form one order to another order.

Regs,

S.Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Pls. goto IMG > Basic function > Avail. Check > Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning

there in carry out control for Availability Check pls. check the combination of Availability Check assignd to Mat. Master & Checking rule settings in Detail screen..

You will surely get some help there..

Regards

Deepak