cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Page itself

0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed one smartform for printing purchase order.

In that there are 3 pages FIRST, NEXT and LAST.

After printing the First page i am printing Next page and calling the NEXT page itself depends up onthe data.

when the line item details of PO gets completed , forcefully calling LAST page .

I developed one more page THIRD contains PO Line item texts printing after NEXT and Before LAST.

My requirement is by continuing the above process (FIRST - NEXT(loop) - THIRD (loop) - LAST) i need to call THIRD page itself depends on line item text.

When i tried system is throwing error " page with out main window cannot call itself".

If i make that as main window THIRD PAGE data is not printing.

Can any body help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define only one window in a form as main window, thats why u r getting an error. Make that main window copy on different page. A page without main window must not call itself as next page, since this would trigger an endless loop. In such a case, the system automatically terminates after three pages.

with regards,

Mamta Kumari

Edited by: Mamta Kumari on Jul 29, 2009 11:46 AM

sreemsft
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

page with out main window cannot call itself

Yes. Window cannot call itself with out having a main window.

My requirement is by continuing the above process (FIRST - NEXT(loop) - THIRD (loop) - LAST) i need to call THIRD page itself depends on line item text.

You cannot have more than one main window in Smartform. You can actually make the same mainwindow copy in different pages.

This [LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b1/243fdabeee11d4b633006094192fe3/frameset.htm] will help you to understand main window.

Just make the main window of the Third page as Copies window by going to General attributes. It will work.

Note: Main window cannot be resize horizontally, but it can be resized vertically.

Thanks,

Sreekanth