Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My scenerio is as follows

The client system is used as the MES system to capture all details related to production.Through interface the same data to be used to carry out relevant production activities.All the planning information flow from SAP SCM to the client system in form of Planned Orders.These planned orders will be converted to Process Orders in the client system.In addition any changes (Quantity, Basic Date, resource) done in the client system should also be reflected in ECC.An Interface needs to be established between the client system & SAP, so that the relevant data can be exchanged between the two systems & business activities can be carried out.Please tell me the adapters that can be used along with the configuration.

Regards,Sweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

The client system is used as the MES system to capture all details related to production.Through interface the same data to be used to carry out relevant production activities.All the planning information flow from SAP SCM to the client system in form of Planned Orders.These planned orders will be converted to Process Orders in the client system.In addition any changes (Quantity, Basic Date, resource) done in the client system should also be reflected in ECC.An Interface needs to be established between the client system & SAP, so that the relevant data can be exchanged between the two systems & business activities can be carried out.Please tell me the adapters that can be used along with the configuration.

--> since the term MES has come into picture....Would like to know have you considered xMII also for the same task..

Lets come to the msg flow part :

1. Plan Order in SCM will flow to client system

2. Plan order getting converted into process order at client system

Relation between Process Orders and Planned Orders is at Client . How SAP will accept the process orders ?..Quite tricky situation..as final PO confirmation, GI, GR will be done against Process Order ...

Usage of adapters is not going to be the issue..Depends a lot on client .

For this particular thing I would like to have more control at client side . So definitely will not suggest file based approach .

So only when data is confirmed which needs to be sent to SCM. then only process should start, plus the option of changing the data as an when possible.

Better go for SOAP->XI->ABAP Proxy approach

Advantages :

1. You will get better control as the scenario will be triggered on push mechanism rather than pull mechanism(in file based approach).

2. In plant related processes data at the last moment gets matured so better send it only after a particular process gets over - Process Order Confirmation , GR, GI, Stock Transfer , By Product Posting...etc

3. File generation will consume lot of space.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which MES system you are using is not clear.

From SAP side you should use proxy or Idoc depends case to case.

If MES system can use file then use file adapter, if it provide support for webservices or SOAP then use SOAP.

Most of the MES system provides XI content as well which can be used directly (only configuration need to be done).

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Firstly thanks for the reply.

I can use file adapter for the MES.

Can you plese tell me the file adpter details?

Regards,

Sweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can found tons of documents for file adapter in XI.

Basically you need to answer following question:

1. Where you want to dump file (folder/path)

2. This folder is local (NFS) or FTP (then u also need IP, useriad/password).

3. You need to decide filename which can be picked up by MES application.

With above information you will be able to configure file adapter to dump file from XI to MES inbox folder.

Read about file adapter: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

I'll shortly post link for step-by-step blog for SAP to File via XI.

Update!!: File to File scenariod blog: /people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i and /people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

Regards,

Gourav

Edited by: Gourav Khare on Jul 28, 2009 7:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for the reply.

I just tell the scenerio in short from technical point.

The file(Excel sheet) will be picked by the file adapter at the sender side,while at the receiver side I am using BAPI.

Please suggest me the details in the above case.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your client system,Is it EDI system or SAP system itself or any other ERP system? ( as I am not aware of MES system means..)

Your scenario will be a client system to SAP and idoc adapters at SAP can be either RFC/IDOC/PROXY depending on the avaialbility features of the SAP system.

Same can be applicable if client system is SAP

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Firstly thanks for the reply.Actually the client system is the MES(manufacturing execution system).

Regards,

Sweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need What type of application running on MES (SAP /JAVA / .NET/ EDI..) ?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thnks for the reply.

The MES system is not SAP system .

I will get the data in the form of excel sheet from the MES system.

Regards,

Sweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if they can send the same in CSV file fromat instead of EXCEL as you can use the file content conversion for the same

other wise need to implement the custom module for the same

As MES file can be fetched through FTP adapter then you can proceed like this

FTP adapter _ provide the details of your MES server with proper user credentials and assuming the file is CSV then File content conversion will convert the same to XML and you can map to RFC/IDOC/PROXT sturcture for sending the same to SAP

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I just tell the scenerio in short from technical point.

The file(Excel sheet) will be picked by the file adapter at the sender side,while at the receiver side I am using BAPI.

Please suggest me the details in the above case.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this Blog: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/04/05/excel-files--how-to-handle-them-in-sap-xipi-the-alternatives

You can find several blogs for BAPI to file and vv,

Regards,

Goiurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to write custom codef or handling excel file as content handler for the same is not available by default

So ask the MES person responsible if they can provide the same in CSV format

it will reduce your burden..

Rajesh