cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDTABLENAVIGATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

helly everybody,

i have a problem with the WDTABLENAVIGATION. I write in the Application parameters that the WDTABLENAVIGATION should be PAGINATOR. And i write in the WDDOINIT wd_this->r_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_footer_visible( '01' ).

But the ALV not changed to Paginator. It is at everytime the scrollable variant.

What do i wrong?

I Hope anybody can help me?

Our version is SAPKA70104.

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are on NetWeaver 7.01. Now the Scrollbar is the default value and in Lightspeed rendering only the Scrollbar is used. The Paginator setting is ignored.

There is a note to this effect in the online help for the table UI element:

When the WDLIGHTSPEED parameter is activated in accessibility mode, paginators are not used any more. The corresponding application parameters for the paginator and accessibility mode are ignored.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b5/ac884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

The change is also documented in an OSS Note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1107662

Former Member
0 Kudos

so i understand right?

Is there no change to get the paginator back at the ALV?

Regards,

Markus

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes that is what that means. With Lightspeed, SAP has transitioned the table to only use the Scrollbar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have switched off the Lightspeed-Rendering parameter on the Global Settings Web Dynpro and i set the "Blätterverhalten" of the Tables to PAGINATOR. But i have the same issue.

Is ther no way to change it?

Regards,

Markus

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No. The paginator is dead, long live the scrollbar. All kidding aside, the scrollbar is the only UI construct used around the table now. Espeically since we have built new UI elements like the TableScrollTipProvider that require the scrollbar.

In my experience, people view the scrollbar as vastly better from a usability standpoint than the paginator. What requirement is driving you to prefer the paginator?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks.

But why can i choose PAGIATOR in the Global Settings when it not were used?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why the old parameters haven't been removed. WDTABLENAVIGATION isn't the only one. For instance, Display Splash Screen (WDDISPLAYSPLASHSCREEN) is now meaningless as well but still maintained as a parameter. It is probably safer for backwards compatibility to keep the parameters in the system, but just ignore them at rendering time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to get the table footer and paginator for all the tables in my WDA apps.

We have upgraded our systems to NW 7.01 recently and all our old WDA applications have the table footers and paginators.

I tried different possibilities and was able to get he footers with the following two WDA application parameters

WDLIGHTSPEED                " "                                                                                
WDTABLENAVIGATION	PAGINATOR

Thanks,

Kalyan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes I know that you can get the paginator back if you disable Lightspeed. Basically you are switching back to the 7.0 version of the WD renderer. This is highly unadvisable. You lose all the performance improvements of Lightspeeds, you can't use the SAP_TRADESHOW_PLUS theme, and all the new UI elements and element properties are unusable.

Answers (0)