Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronization SolMan <-> SAP Service Marketplace

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

just some short questions from my side regarding the data synchronization between our SolMan system and the SAP service marketplace:

When using a central SLD on our SolMan we retrieve the most up-to-date system data from our customer's systems and fill the SMSY. Additional data can be read via RFC. However, the customer also can maintain the system data in the support portal.

Now, I would like to know which options I have to control the synchronization with SAP Support portal? Does the SolMan rely on the SLD/RFC data only or is data also fetched from support portal?

On the other side.. can I update the data in the support portal with the SMSY data of our SolMan e.g. via a background job? - as far as I know this is also done via EWA.

We would like to avoid "data manipulation" of the SMSY that may cause errors or incorrect results when running the MOPZ.

Thanks,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

you can be sure that data in SMSY SLD are never overwritten from data in SAP Support Portal. The job Landscape_Fetch sends system data from SMSY/SLD to SAP Support Portal whenever they have changed. EWA also sends a subset of system data to SAP Support Portal weekly. Only if you have no connection to customers via SLD or RFC it is recommended to use the System Generation from OSS (transaction SMSY_SETUP -> Expert Settings -> Generation of Systems from OSS with value N or A) In this case only the system header is created in SMSY including the installation number, system number and product version maintained in SAP Support Portal.

Regards

Andreas

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply!

Regards,

Richard

Answers (0)