cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC debug from web

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to debug the function module while running ISA. I set the property to "true" in the modification-config.xml under the customer folder. But this does not seem to start the ABAP debugger. I tried for both stateful and stateless. Is there any other setting I need to change.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you would be able to start ABAP debugger remotely..

Try putting a breakpoint in the ABAP code..

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that as well but no luck. I am using WAS 6.40 sp 9. Anybody facing this issue ?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You Can debug a ABAP FM from java . For this you have enable Remote(External debugging)in ABAP Side .Also When you call your FM thro JCO, on the point where it calls the FM At point the break point in the FM which you are accessing it will be called .

For enabling debugging open the FM in (SE37) ,and in the menu options click on utilities > settings >ABAP Editor TAB > Debugging TAB .Here you can find for which logged in user you want to enable remote debug.

Only thng you need to be aware is the User you are passing to the JCO FM and the User logged in should be the same .

Hope this helps .Please do not forget to reward points if you find it helpful

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

That was a very helpful answer. I have awarded you points. About the user, if I try to give the same user as the ISA (web) user, I get a message "User does not exist" in SAP. Do I have to do a mapping of this user to SAP user somewhere.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I meant the luser should have the rights for running the FM at the Abap side.

Hope this helps , please do not forget to reward points

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is the user rights issue. My colleague is able to debug from web without setting the External Debugging on. Let me check with the security person.

Rajesh, Forgot to mention, I am still not able to debug with the settings that you suggested.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: CRMUser

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of rights does the internet user need to have to debug RFC from ISA. I tried SAP_ALL but that did not work.

Thanks.