Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Data Restore in Quality Server

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to restore our current production server data to our Quality Server.Our databse size of Production server is above 200GB so I am not able to go for Client Copy.Now I want to restore the production server back up data to quality server.Please write me the procedure how I proceed .Is there any other option to do the same thing?Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

They are two ways of system refresh

1) export/ Import method

2) backup/ restore method

As there is no space just forget export and import method.

so go for backup restore method.

1. just take offline backup of present production server.

2. restore the database files into your target system.

3. create a trace file of your control file in Production server with "Alter database backup controlfile to trace;"

4. after that change the SID in Trace file as Target system SID.

5. instead of REUSE "<SOURCE SYSTEM SID>" use SET "<TARGET SYSTEM SID>" with resetlogs in Trace file

6. delete the no resetlogs command in the trace file

7. rename trace file to target.sql

8. go to the target system go to command prompt and go to the path where you saved the target.sql file

sqlplus / as sysdba

@target.sql

this will create the control file of the target system

after that

alter database open resetlogs;

after this your database will be open with target system SID

Regards

Meharkiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Simple way export the client from Production and import to Quality.Your data 200GB then might be problem of space.

Solution - mount sapmnt to someother free directory and export.

SurendraJain

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more well-done doc is available at http://www.basisconsultant.com/component/remository/Sytem-Copy-Guides/Homogeneous-System-Copy-using-...andOffline-Backup/

you might need to register to be able to use the provided link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u do not want to do client copy then copy the data restoring the backup. so first take the offline backup of ur production system and restore it . in both functionality u can use BRTOOLS .

or u can take backup only tablespace and restore it tablespacewise by brtools.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

If you are not interested or if the hardware and the network will not allow you to do a remote client copy, you can go for the client export and import. this activity is much simpler than the system refresh or system copy.

The exported data will not occupy much space but it would require more downtime compared to the system refresh.

The prerequisite for doing the client export and import is that both the systems under question shpuld be at the same support pack level. The table structure of the target system must contain the structure of the source system. An RFC connectivity must be established for the remote comparision of the table structures.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos
anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal

You just need to do system copy /.system refresh. Not very easy activity,so SAP provides some guides for that.

For different system you will find system copy guides. Search in SDN and www.service.sap.com/instguides

Check the below links

http://www.uphantis.com/16591/How-to-System-Copy-ABAP-and-JAVA.pdf

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 28, 2009 4:41 PM