Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove OSS notes using SNOTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied about 20 OSS Notes using T-Code = SNOTE. I want to un-install these Notes and then re-apply them.

Some of these Notes are dependent on each other, so it has to be un-installed in ceratin order. There are two Notes = 591430 and 791763. When I attempt to remove 791763 using SNOTE, I get a message that I need to un-install 591430 first. When I attempt to remove Note 591430 using SNOTE, I get a message that I need to remove Note 791763 first. Does anyone know how to remove such inter-dependent Notes using SNOTE ?

JM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to search OSS notes , with different key words ‘removing’ , ‘uninstall’ ‘revert’ ‘delete’ OSS notes but no luck . I’m sure there should be some OSS note which describe the procedure .

Here’s my second thought before applying OSS notes , it’s recommended that you should be sure about that ,how come you implement OSS note and now you want to revert them.

Well once you install SAP OSS notes , your objects get updated even if you delete the OSS note . I’m sure there’s no straight forward way to un-install the OSS notes.

I always apply OSS patches never revert them. But I’m interested to know the answer how to un-install them : )

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.!!! DOn`t forget :)!!!!</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Knowledge comes but wisdom lingers!!"

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to search OSS notes , with different key words ‘removing’ , ‘uninstall’ ‘revert’ ‘delete’ OSS notes but no luck . I’m sure there should be some OSS note which describe the procedure .

Here’s my second thought before applying OSS notes , it’s recommended that you should be sure about that ,how come you implement OSS note and now you want to revert them.

Well once you install SAP OSS notes , your objects get updated even if you delete the OSS note . I’m sure there’s no straight forward way to un-install the OSS notes.

I always apply OSS patches never revert them. But I’m interested to know the answer how to un-install them : )

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.!!! DOn`t forget :)!!!!</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Knowledge comes but wisdom lingers!!"

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use version management to reset the objects?. You might also be able to use transaction SPAU to reset to original.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Transaction SNOTE

Did you try menu option Cancel SAP note implementation.

Reagrds

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to implement a OSS note suing Snote, it will automatically include all the prerequisite notes as well upon your acceptance. Same is the case when you remove the OSS notes.. It should automatically remove all prerequisite notes that were applied as part of current note. If they were implemented individually one after the other in sequence.. when canceling they should be canceled in the reverse order. there should not be a problem at all.

Let me know how did you implement the prerequisite notes in first place..

Regards,

Nagaraju Chidurupalli.