Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in lock management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting error in lock management when I am assiging role to user.

when i am saving user after assiging role to user...I am getting this error"error in lock mangement"

Regards

Tarun

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you get the message, what does it say in SM12 when you run it for your userID?

0 Kudos

No entries in sm12, I have already checked for it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem could be that the system has locked maximum number of objects with your User id.

Please can you check SM21 and let me know if there are any related entries. and also check if the updates are active in SM13

0 Kudos

hi

I have already check in sm21 and sm13... I didn't find any system message as well as there is no such cancel, active or scheduled update...

regards

Tarun

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Once you go to this link, just client on "OPEN ALL" and then click on "Displaying lock statistics" and then check the status of the current situation.

This is to check the maximum lock entries the system can hold and to check if it reached the limit.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/746138.

Use transaction SM12 (client specific)to obtain the raw information and the following selection data in particular:

Client: "#01"

User name: "#01_002"

Table: "#01_002"

Argument: "#01_002".

Check sm12 on regular basis. It may be due to a user using a Table which is causing lock. U need to forcefully log off that user id.

Check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi Aveek,

First of all you need to establish why the lock is occuring before kicking off users etc.

There are plenty of situations where locks could be occuring but you would not want to release the lock as it could potentially cause data problems.