cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageTransformBean not working...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to utilize the message transform bean, but somehow it is not working....

The scenario:

I have a message with a csv file in the payload. now I am trying to send this message via mail adapter as *.csv

I used the MessageTransformBean with the following parameters:

localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean - Local Enterprise Bean - trans <i>(sequence position after mail bean)</i>

Transform.ContentDescription - utilmd

Transform.ContentDisposition - attachment;filename="utilmd.csv"

Transform.ContentType - text/comma-separated-values;name="utilmd.csv"

I receive the mail, however the attachment is still the xml file.

Does anybody know how to change this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

It should work the way you do.

So look for typos. Remove trailing spaces in the configuration, if there are any.

Check the adapter audit log whether the Bean is successfully called.

Do you use MailPackage? In that case these parameters have to be set inside the mail package.

Regards

Stefan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following link may give some idea

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001186732005E/HowToConveModuleJMS.pdf

Thanks

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the links, but they are not really helping a lot.

All I need to do is to change the name of the attachment from utilmd.xml to utilmd.csv with using the message transformation bean.

Anybody got an idea?

Greetings,

Nana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nana,

Are you expecting the attachment file in .csv form ? i.e Excel Sheet with .xls extension ?

I don't thinks so , you can change the FileExtension. I think you can only change the Payload in the Message Transformation Bean. But using the standard functions of the Mail Adapter, you can get the Text extension right ? SO check this .

Some info-

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/01/12/xi-triggering-e-mails-with-multiple-attachments--problems

Thanks,

Moorthy