cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar_migration: Moving a Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have transported our project with transaction Solar_Migration from our dev to our prod system

I now see the migrated project in our production system. It generated a transport that moved across with out any problems.

But, I see the Business processes did move across. Also all the project documentation did not migrate.

Why did the Business process migrate across?

I have check the documents and see most are in the status u201CReleasedu201D, Why did these not come across?

I have looked at SAP note 990179 where it seems this problem has existed before, but this note is not applicable to our system

solman 7.0 sp17.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used use Transport Project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

The whole project is there. The master data is there. The business processes are thee. All attached documents are there, even the ones that were is the state copy/editing.

I did check if sap notes SAP Note 823347, 990179, 1119462, 1147186 were needed.

Regards,

Avrohom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avrohom,

That is nice of you to share the experience.

So, you got everything including the test documents?

Did you get the roadmap and all its contents too?

How abt Service Desk Messages and Change Requests?

And do you need to implement those sap notes?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This process worked perfectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, did you use Transport Project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN?

What all got transported automatically?

And what else u did manually?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that Transaction SOLAR_MIGRATION is obsolete for Solution Manager 4.0/7.0

One should now use the "Transport Project" functionality in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

There is a newish document on the SAP Market Place called. 'SAP Solution Manager - Content Transfer'. It discusses what can be moved and how. It can be found at:

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

-> Media Library

-> Technical Papers

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing a similar problem. In our case we had issues/messages in a project not coming over. I ended up doing a client copy to get these over. But then the documents attached to the incident were missing and I had to transport single tables (content).

I still don't have a solution to migrate everything correctly into a new client and I haven't found a lot of documentation.

What kind of documents are not coming over correctly? Did you just import the transport or did you use solar_migration to import? Did you also copy the 'I' transport file (in addition to the R- and K- file)?

Regards,

Ingrid