cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Invitation Problem......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We are facing such problems when Bidder / Purchaser changing his bid and clicking on Held push button . After that Bidder is not able to change his bid . Bidder is getting this message u2018Transaction not possible . Since Bid Number currently locked u2018 . This problem facing frequently not every time . After clicking on held button purchaser is not able to change his bid . In both the cases no workflow is generating . We can see this Blocking entries in Transaction SM12 . Every time Table CRMD_ORDERADM_H is blocking . After deletion of entries from SM12 no blocking was there.

Even this is happening when purchase changes his bid at the time of Creation of Bid . After click on Hold push button bidder is not able to change his Bid .

Regards

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1099462 - Message 'Items are being processed by another user'

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

We have a similar locking issue in PO's, which is simply caused by the buyers being "too efficient" Basically, if a document is put on hold, make sure the user is refreshing the search for it rather than clicking from the window where they put it on hold if they wish to process it further.

Basically, once they have put it on hold, get them to navigate back to the main menu / bid list / search screen and re-select the bid.

I kow this sounds simplistic, but it gives the document time to process and transfer to all the releavant places. Locks are often caused because a system process is interrupted.

Kind Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan

Thanks for reply and your solution. Yes we can do this for 1 or 2 cases. We are facing this problem for every user. Almost every time user is blocking. I would like to know the root cause and solution .

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

I would look for the solution in the 'Role/s' that the users have, rather than the Bid Invitation process itself?

In our experience, if all users have the same problem, then it's an issue with their role, rather than anything wrong with SRM System.

Sorry I can't help any further (Not very experienced in 'Role' issues!).

Regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

If you have System Administration access to EBP Production system then the Bid Invitation can be 'manually' moved into completed status, freeing it up for further change by the Buyer.

This is quite a convoluted fix, but can be accomplished however using BBP_PD to identify the Bid Invitation GUID (The correct one! May need to choose one of the 'change' versions?), then using this GUID in SE37 - CRM_STATUS_UPDATE function module, to move the Bid Invitation from one status to another.

Regards,

Allan Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin ,

Thanks for reply . I read this note but this is not applicable for us . We are getting this message number BBP_BID 014 in Function module BBP_PD_BID_LOCK .

Regards

Abhijeet