cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript output(Spool) to PDF problem when viewed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a number of documents which are output in Russian using the Cyrillic courier font within our Uincode SAP system. They look fine on the spool when viewed, print okay, and all look fine when converted to a PDF file (using RSTXPDFT4) and viewed via Adobe PDF viewer (vers 9.1.20), except one form, the invoice, which will not display properly in Adobe, showing square blocks with crosses through them when viewed. The strange thing is that when this same PDF is viewed via Sumatra (Open source PDF viewer) it looks perfect, but will not display via the Adobe PDF viewer, even though all the other delivery/dispatch docuemnts (all Sapscript) print and view fine via the Adobe PDF viewer.

I guess I could suggest that we just use Sumatra from now on, but that is not really the answer when you have a multinational company which has Adobe already installed on all hardware as default.

Has anyone come across this problem before. I was wondering if there could be anything in Sapscript that might have caused this as this is a copy of SAP standard Russian Invoice Sapscript (J_3RVINVOICE)?

I'm going to check OSS to see if there's a fault with the PDF convertion program (RSTXPDFT4) but I would like to hear from anyone that may have encountered the same problem.

Regards

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

We have exactly the same problem, how did you resolve? could you provide your ideas?

thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

How the issue is resolved, please let me know. Since i am also facing same issue.

Thanks

M G Shankar