cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error while filling connection pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not getting a connection to an Oracle database and I was getting the following error in cms.log: "FATAL Connector - Unable to create connection pool for T_Orbis_Oracle: Fatal error while filling connection pool for jdbc:oracle:thin:@MESDB:1521:ASPENB21" where T_Orbis_Oracle is the xMII link name and the database ASPENB21 is on server MESDB. I changed the database username in the link to SYSTEM and I then got a connection and a Created Connection pool message in the log. I then changed back to the username which originally was giving the error and it now also gave me a successful connection. I am now worried that there is an issue in the background which is gradually building up and will begin to fail again as previously. Can anyone explain what is causing this problem and suggest how I can correct it? Thanks, John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Oracle 10g you need to get the driver.

Please go through the similar threads:

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, should have said it was 9i we're using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Check you have installed the JDBC driver ojdbc14.jar (works for both 9 and 10).

Also check the server package:

MII 11.x--->ServerPackage com.lighthammer.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

MII 12.x--->com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

Carefull when you set up the string because some oracle databases have servicenames instead of SID, and the url was different if you use them instead of the SID.

For services names the url is jdbc:oracle:thin@host:port:SID

Also check your Network firewall between MII and DB and ports too.

Oracle9i installs with a number of default accounts.You must unlock all other accounts before using them. Oracle recommends changing all user passwords immediately after installation.

-Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Jul 29, 2009 8:20 AM