cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How MDM can maintain huge number of records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While working with MDM i got a query like MDM is using any SQL based RDBMS like sqlserver,Oracle.. then how it can able to maintain huge number of records. If number of records exceeds the capacity of database then how it handles.

How MDM improves the seach performance as compared to other databases because if we are performing search operation in MDM that will internally happens with its database only then how it will improve the search performance.

please make me clear with perfect answers.

Thanks

Yugandher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. But one question one repository will be create in one database. If the no of records in that repository exceeds the limit of its database by under a it we are going to maintain masterdata belongs n no of client system then how it can can manage.

Regards

Yugandher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply. As you said MDM acts as frontend for databases then will it stores some records in one database and some other records in other database like wise.

Thanks

Yugandher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandher,

When you create new repository, it ask for DBMS server you can specify different databases for different repositories. In short, one MDM server can interact with many databses simultaneously i.e. in mdm context you can work with many repositories mounted on one MDM server at the same time.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandher

All records are stored in the same repository and same database in backend.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

You can say MDM is a front end for the databases providing functionalities for data management. MDM can not store records if the database or hard drive space is exhausted i.e. you can store records in MDM depending upon the available space of hard drive.

As far as searching is concerned, MDM internally generate the queries which database can understand but in more efficient manner which improves the performance by reducing response time. Also the use of Keyword search feature, response time can be reduced dramatically because all the fields marked as keyword enabled, MDM store the values of all such fields in memory.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja